OUCH :( That hurt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OUCH  :(  That hurt. OUCH :( That hurt.

Unread 08-03-2004, 07:24 PM
OUCH :( That hurt.

I've made my peace with not being able to have children and I have gone with my life and am very happy.

However tonight, a friend called and as she was wishing me good luck, her daughter of 24 shouts in the background "hope you don't come out with a baby".

Some people.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2004, 07:31 PM

24 years old? how can a grown woman say that? I am so sorry you had to hear that
Unread 08-03-2004, 07:39 PM

I am so sorry you had to hear that. Some people just dont even know that what comes out of their mouths can cut as deep as a knife.

As long as you have made peace with the decision you are making, than put in your ear plugs. I really do think that some people think they are being humorous, and not ever being in your shoes, has know idea they are not.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Tasha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2004, 07:53 PM

Lightning,

I'm so sorry you had to hear such extremely inconsiderate remarks. We both have the same surgery date, as you know, and I will keep you in my prayers. I wish I could say, please try to forget about it, but I know it isn't that easy. I'll pray for you because I know that will work the best.

This is for you .............
Unread 08-03-2004, 07:57 PM

oh yeah, some people are morons.

I had a friend say to me, just a couple of weeks ago:

My cat had that surgery like 20 years ago, and the next day she was out climbing a tree!

Ok, it took every ounce of self control I posess, to NOT jump across the room and rip his face off.

Northlights
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:59 PM

Lightning, I might have been tempted to reply, "well maybe your daughter can be my roommate in the hospital, when she goes in to have my foot removed from her rectum!"

I too was never able to conceive, I have had tons of well meaning folks tell me how lucky my husband and I are to be free...sleep late on the weekends...not have to worry about the school systems...etc etc etc...

Your friends daughter probably doesn't even realize that she sounded like a total a**

your friend probably does
Unread 08-13-2004, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the shoulders.. I let it go, I was just taken aback by it.

While I was in the castle, DH and I met a couple who had just had twins. I saw them 2 days later. However, their children are now in the arms of Jesus. These parents were amazing and I thanked the Lord that I would never know the grief of loosing a child as they now do. Any pain I might have had at not having born my own children, would have been removed that day.

I am very blessed to have what I do in life.

Hugs to everyone.
Unread 08-13-2004, 07:09 PM

Dear Lightning,
I'm sorry you had to hear such an insensitive remark. And I applaud you for your healthy attitude towards life and infertility. I have a SIL who has been angry with me for years because I could conceive and she couldn't.

I cannot imagine th pain of the parents who lost their twins. I have twins and have spent the day screaming at them for being irritating. Your post gave me the slap upside the head that I needed !!

Tonight I will take time out to count my blessigs and be grateful for all that I do have.

Love & Hugs,
Michelle
Unread 08-13-2004, 07:24 PM

Give yourself a hug Michelle. I'm sure you don't take them for granted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register