Upcoming surgery 3/31: Abdominal difference after hysterectomy for adenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming surgery 3/31: Abdominal difference after hysterectomy for adenomyosis? Upcoming surgery 3/31: Abdominal difference after hysterectomy for adenomyosis?

Unread 03-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Upcoming surgery 3/31: Abdominal difference after hysterectomy for adenomyosis?

Did anyone who suffered from Adenomyosis notice a difference in the size of their belly post hysterectomy??? One person I knew of stated their belly flattened a lot, I was just wondering of anyone else's experiences. I personally have noticed that no matter how much I work out, my belly always stays bloated which I never had issues with previously. I know its a silly question but it has been in the back of my mind and I figured this was the group to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Re: Abdominal difference

I haven't noticed my stomach is flatter. My uterus was the size of a 12-14 week pregnancy, so not excessively large.
Unread 03-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Re: Abdominal difference

Hey there welcome to my world I too have adenomyosis and 10 fibroids LOL again. I had a myo back in 2010 after have the 10 removed 4 being the size of grape fruits.
My stomach did go down and my uterus was still big then but I did do diet and excercise .

Now again my belly is a size of 21 pregnant wound my largest fibroid is 6cm. Like you I work out and had is when I notice then found with the 1st GYN after she saw ultrasound and just rule out getting a TAH with other no options so end going back to old gyn who did my scheduled c-section over 14 years ago were my son weighed 9lbs 9 oz. He then send me to IR for UAE/UFE consult after review of MRI comes to find I now have adenomyosis so I am not a good candidate. I did research and it is a 50% chance it would be inmy favor but mind your the IR did tell me before he reviewed the MRI images.

I get cramps aka labor pains , clots , flooding and migraine every month even when special events come up it just feeds off any stress and I forgot I have low iron bottom line I can 't do it no more and years off from menopause.

My gyn was my second opinion and is very honest. He explained to me that I will get a 2-4 inch
vertical incision so he can avoid other organs and blood vessels attached to my excising deep abrasions which I am ok with it. I have nice bathign suits that can hide it.

Far as stomach going down I hope so and I will give it s good college try with my works and regimen I have plan and if I will get a tummy tuck as a bday gift myself.

Mind you I would get it time of surgery but my gyn believes I will see results without the TT.

Keep us posted since your Sx is before my is on 04/06.

Good luck and speedy recovery��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Re: Abdominal difference after hysterectomy for adenomyosis?

Hi,i'm only 31/2 weeks post surgery for adenomyosis and multiple fibroids,my surgery was supposed to be laparoscopic but due to complications i ended up with a hip to hip as well,so with both lots of scars i have had the swelly belly most of the time.BUT on the odd day, my stomach has been a lot flatter than before,so i'm hopeful it will be this way when i'm fully recovered,best wishes for your upcoming surgery.🌺
Unread 03-19-2015, 06:57 PM

I had Andenomyosis. Plus fibroids. Everyone wa asking me as I pregnant. My uterus was the size for a 5-6 nonprofits.
Unread 03-28-2015, 09:53 PM

Everyone said it was in my head that I still looked pregnant, but I really did; I worked out all of the time before I became too sick with the Adenomyosis and I could never flatten my abdomen. And even though I'm still recovering and cannot exercise yet, I noticed a huge difference.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register