Hysterectomy upcoming & very nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy upcoming & very nervous Hysterectomy upcoming & very nervous

Unread 05-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Hysterectomy upcoming & very nervous

hello and wow what a site found this wonderful site by chance and wow you guys are so supportive and an inspirational to me
here is my story.
I am due for a hysterectomy and anterior and posterior repair on the 14th july. I have a grade 3 prolapse which is humiliating dabilitating and miserably painful. I also endometrial polyps which cause 15 days of bleeding with only one week off without bleeding. I plucked up the courage to see my doctor only a few weeks ago due to my hubby nagging me! he was lovely and saw my consultant within a week. Who told me i have no choice but to have this op and booked me in there and then. I would of been in sooner but we have the TT here (motorbike street races) for two weeks now and they cant book electives in that time and what with my commitments it has to be in july lol!
my gynea is wonderful and understanding and an inspirational woman who could not believe i did not come sooner.
I have two wonderful children and have suffered with pcos since puberty so they are miracle children but my bits have now come to the end of their life! I am very nervous about it but having it done vaginally so wont be off my feet too long. I am so nervous as I am headstrong independent git who hates people doing things for me so getting me to sit down will be a nightmare lol! good luck to all going through this soon jax xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 10:05 AM

Hi Jaxiom,

That's no fun...bleeding 3 wks a month, ugh! Hopefully all goes well and you'll be a new person soon. I need to go look up pcos, not sure what that is. Jax, now you need to relax and let others tend to you. Be the for a while, enjoy. Not sure how old your children are, if old enough, let them tend to your needs. I'm alone w/ my HD, but have my sister next door while he's at work.

wish you well,
Gail
Unread 05-26-2008, 11:31 AM

Hello and Welcome Jaxiom!!!

This site is truly a Godsend and the sisters here are nothing short of amazing! Prayers to you as you travel this journey. I understand not wanting people to do for you... But do try to remember you only get one change to heal properly. So even if you feel like you can be up and about, remember you have a bunch of interior stiches that need healing. From what I have read those can take up to a year to heal. The complications of not healing properly far outweigh the inconvenience of being down for a little bit, so do pamper yourself and be careful not to do too much too early.

That is amazing you waited that long to go in to see the dr. Glad you were able to get it all scheduled. I had a long wait too from when I first scheduled to when my procedure will be done. At first I was a little put off by the wait, but have ended up using it to my advantage and getting things done, ready and prepared. Down to less than 30 days now for me. I will be glad when it is over.

Well, again, prayers to you. {{{Hugs}}} and Blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 04:49 PM

I also had a stage 3 prolapse, with a cystocyle and rectocyle. Fecal incontinence was an almost daily event, it was so embarassing. Sometimes I had to manually extract to finish a BM, horrible. I can't believe I lived with it as long as I did, I kept putting off the inevitable surgery. I had to use big purses so that I could take my "diaper bag" (clean panties, laytex gloves, wipettes, etc) with me EVERYWHERE. I think I was in denial about how horrible it was, because I was afraid of surgery.

Now, I am 12 days post VH. My DR didn't have to do the anterior repair because once she got in there, she saw that with the removal of the uterus and its fibroid, and after she did the posterior repair, there was no pressure on the bladder. So all I had was the VH and the posterior repair. I kept my ovaries (the DR said that if they looked small and good when she saw them, she would leave them alone).

The recovery is not bad. The worst part is the odd feeling when I have a bowel movement. The stool actually does what it is supposed to do, I just am not accustomed to this little luxury of an intact bowel system!!! The first few BM's after my surgery were scary (I have sutures in my vagina and it all feels tender), but they looked NORMAL. I didn't have to do anything to assist myself, if you understand. What a wonderful feeling of freedom. I don't need the diaper bag (my kids are grown, no grand kids yet). I am using stool softener medication and metamucil, which I think I will continue using indefinately.

You will be so relieved once your surgery is over and you can go about your day without worrying about your bottom. Good luck, you are doing the only thing you can do, just take it easy and pay attention to your body.
Unread 05-27-2008, 04:57 AM

I had a SEVERE uterine prolapse and had to have A & P repairs and a bladder sling, in other words, the whole works as the doc said. I put mine off for a long time because I was scared of surgery and of being put to sleep. My hubby kept nagging at me to do it. And I knew it needed to be done, cause I would literally have to push everything back up inside when I would take a bath, that is how bad it had gotten for me, and I was tired of feeling something bulging out that was not supposed to be. Anyway, the surgery and being put to sleep was not near as bad as I thought it would be. I had a vaginal hysterectomy too. They took everything. Recovery is going a lot better than I thought it would. The only pain I really had after surgery was in my legs from the position they had me in. Did not have to use my pain pump in the hospital at all. They gave me versed in the holding room before the operation, and I remember them wheeling me to the OR and telling me to move over onto the table, me telling them not to let me fall off, and that was it till I woke in the recovery room. It was great!! And it feels so wonderful taking a shower or bath now, and washing down there and not feeling anything hanging out anymore. It is NORMAL again!!! A great feeling!
Unread 05-28-2008, 02:11 AM

thank you for your kind messages of support dena i am alot like you with my prolapse and having the same op having a hysterectomy but they are leaving my ovaries due to my age as consultant does not want me hrt yet.
My two children are 9 and 6 so yes they are so helpful already and if anyone is ill they turn into little nurses so i have no problems with care. The problem is myself pmsl
omg I am so looking forward to a BM without manually having to help it out its so degrading and humilliating eh. Its lovely to hear your getting on so well dena sounds like its changed your life so much this is so great to read makes me have such hope.
mindymindymindy thank you also honey for your reply so pleased your making a good recovery to reading about your experience is also helpful to me. keep up the good recovery honey
believerchick good luck with your operation and lots of healing is being sent to you for this
thanks everyone for your kind words makes me feel 100% better about the op
jax x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register