Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Adenomyosis

My Dr. said that the path report from my surgery showed "adenomyosis". I researched it some but does anyone have a good description for me? I see some of the ladies here have adenomyosis. THanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Adenomyosis

I had adenomyosis as well. My doctor described it as endometriosis within the uterus, such that the lining of the uterus starts to grow into the muscle. Apparently it can cause heavy bleeding and painful periods, both of which I had.

DaVinci RAVH 1/2/09
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Adenomyosis

Flojan, I got the same from my path report. I controlled my periods by staying on the pill all the time because of heavier bleeding (but still not as much as many on this site have had). He told me it was a good thing I had my hysterectomy (for fibroids) because the andenomyosis would have caused me big problems! He also described it as endometriosis within the uterus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Adenomyosis

I also had adenomyosis. My doctor described it to me as the endo tissue growing into the wall of the uterus. As the endo tissue swells with blood monthly, there is no where for it to shed. It causes severe pain and bloating as well as heavy periods. I had a tubal and ablation about 3 years ago due to heavy bleeding but at the time didn't have so much pain. I had a very successful surgery as I hadn't had a period since. About a year ago, I started having severe pain and finally pinned it down as cyclic. (I was concerned about bowels etc...) Finally in December after several visits to my Dr. and two nights of no sleep and pain that narcotics didn't touch, my Dr. calmly advised me it was time to part with my uterus. The decision for surgery was difficult as I didn't like the fact that she could only guess that I had adenomyosis. I've never been so happy to have a bad path report. Came back as severe adenomyosis as well as some endo that had developed since my last surgery. I'm currently about 1 1/2 wks postop TAH and feeling pretty good. The pain I had from my surgery was nothing compared to my monthly cycles.

crzyred - TAH, cervix removed; overies stayed 3/11/09
Unread 03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Adenomyosis

Wow! Makes me glad I got it out before I experienced the symptoms! My doc said it couldn't be absolutely diagnosed until after the uterus was removed and a pat report done.
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Adenomyosis

Diddo Veejay!

When I had to start missing work from pain, the first 2 days of a cycle....it was time to do something. I'm so glad I did.
Unread 03-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Adenomyosis

Thanks ladies for your info. The Dr. described it very similar to others.. it is just sometimes easier to understand from others who have experienced the same thing. I guess I had pain for so long some of it seemed normal. I didn't realize how much pain I was in all the time until getting it all OUT. I am feeling SO much better. Or at least I was until I got the hospital bill. Anyway I am glad to feel better. I had SEVERE pain for years but just thought it was how it was for me. I have a high pain tolerance so I guess that helped. Glad I got it out when I did. THANKS for all your support ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register