Teary-eyed...another surgery or not? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teary-eyed...another surgery or not? Teary-eyed...another surgery or not?

Unread 11-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Teary-eyed...another surgery or not?

Hi,

Discouraged right now...needing some encouragement. I feel like such a baby, but my recovery SEEMS slow. It makes sense when I think about it. I have had so many things come up this last year health wise...anemia, pre-diabetes, adrenal fatigue etc...but my emotions are not with my brain.

Been feeling cruddy since Friday when I was up for the doctor post-op, went to lunch after with my husband...I have been feeling pelvic pressure and rectal pressure since then...feeling discouraged about my recovery at the moment...hoping I didn’t hurt myself…but I don’t see how, but why do I hurt? I did have adhesions removed that were connecting my intestines to my uterus…

I also am trying not to think about it, but my surgeon said when I go to the oncologist on Monday...he may want to open me up again and take my remaining ovary...another surgery??? Darn! I just can't face that right now...but I may have to or I may not...

This waiting is not fun AND my house is getting worse and worse...my recovery room looks awful now. My friends/family are getting burnt on helping.

Sorry for whining! I am not usually a whiner... Thanks for listening…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Re: Teary-eyed...another surgery or not?

Lady Del,
I am sorry that you are going through such a hard time. As you know you have found the perfect website to find a little encouragement and lots of hugs.
One of the ladies on another post had recomended making a list of things you are grateful for. That might help. I understand that it could be a bit difficult, but once you have your list you will be surprised on how much it will make you feel better.
Another suggestion, do you have sunshine? Sit outside for about 20 minutes let it radiate through you. I did yesterday and wow, glad I did.
Maybe for you home and recovery area, make a little list of chores that would make you feel better. I have been really lucky and my husband has actually vacuumed twice since my surgery. WOOHOO...
It was hard for me not to do anything for the first two weeks, then I slowly began to do a little bit at a time. I would pick just one chore that would not tire me out so quickly, and then rest for the rest of the day. One day I did laundry, another day did dishes (we have a dishwasher so I have gotten all to use it), change the sheets on my bed, etc. But I only do one at a time. The biggest thing is to listen to your body, when you start to hurt, time to stop and relax.
Yesterday was a big day for me, and I should be more emotional. I had to find a new home for my pretty horse (I am starting school full time in January), and I fired a client (he just refused to pay me). The good thing is that is two stresses off of my life and my beautiful horse is going to a new home and she will be spoiled rotten.
Think about all the happy drugs you get to be on if you do need another surgery, and luckily it will be a quick one and you know what to expect.
And the best part...no more female parts to give you anymore grief.
My prayers and postive healing thoughts are with you.

Unread 11-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Re: Teary-eyed...another surgery or not?

Hey look there - we're all in California. That's something to be grateful for right? I think making a list of things to be grateful for is a wonderful idea. I make mental lists like that all the time, especially when I'm on my way to work.

Lady Del - Just my thoughts, but you're still early in your recovery and the pain or discomfort you're feeling could just be a normal part of the healing process. I know the idea of another surgery isn't appealing but from what I've heard, it's a fairly easy surgery to remove just one ovary. It shouldn't be anything like the surgery you've already had and if it's what's needed for longterm good health, then you'll want to just go for it. I know it's easy for me to say but I can tell you that the only thing that gave me true relief from worrying was to have everything out. (((HUGS))) and I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register