MRI scan, unsure diagnoses, Lupron, HELP!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRI scan, unsure diagnoses, Lupron, HELP!! MRI scan, unsure diagnoses, Lupron, HELP!!

Unread 05-18-2004, 07:55 AM
MRI scan, unsure diagnoses, Lupron, HELP!!

please is anyone online to answer or sympathise, after an initial diagnoses of a huge fibroid causing heavy bleeding, pressure symptoms, spotting etc, my gynea is now calling it a 'mass' and after seeing the ultra-sound scan pictures he wants me to have an MRI scan 'to be sure of what we are dealing with' I am so frightened, I have had a CA125 test which came out at 27 which is within normal ranges but it is not very low is it? I have had an endometrial biopsy which I am waiting to hear about, and just to finish it off I had the first of a set of hormone injections yesterday this is the English version of Lupron I think and today all I can do is weep - surely hormone turmoil would not kick in so quickly - would it??

I am booked to have my uterus removed but the surgeon will have to cut from below breasts to pubic bone - has anyone else had such a large incision?

Please, please anyone with any reasurrance or experience of these things please reply to one snivelling damp dismal English woman!

Englishannie
TAH coming up on the horizon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2004, 08:07 AM

Hi hun
I'm sorry I don't have much advice, but I really thought you could use a big
We are all here to support you and offer any help we can. Although my situation is very different from yours, I do feel for you, and I understand your fear. I do hope all works out ok.

Um....why such a large incision???

Tam
Unread 05-19-2004, 07:07 AM

s

Hi, first of all - I don't think that you are snivelling at all. I don't blame you for being upset - what you're going through is scary!

My dr called my uterine tumor a "mass" from time to time too - it seems to just be one of the terms that he uses. If your CA125 test was in the normal range take comfort in that. My mom would always tell me "don't borrow trouble". If you're really concerned, please call and ask your dr about it. It could help set your mind at ease.

That is a large incision but I've heard of others with them also. Sometimes dr's need more room to look for possible problems. Again - ask your dr about it.

Hormones can really make us emotional - I think that injections can work very quickly. Hang in there, hopfully it will get better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register