help everyone's sick! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help everyone's sick! help everyone's sick!

Unread 01-19-2006, 08:39 PM
help everyone's sick!

I am less than two weeks away from my TAH and everyone in my house is sneezing, coughing, etc. Any suggestions on how to keep from getting sick without completely abandoning my children. A mother's instinct is to cuddle and love on her children when they're sick, but I don't want to catch something and risk having to postpone my surgery. Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM
help everyone's sick!

Sorry to hear everyone is sick!! My suugestion, for what its worth is PURELL, PURELL!!!! Keep putting it on your hands. It really does help!
Unread 01-19-2006, 08:51 PM
help everyone's sick!

I just caught a cold and i am 3 weeks away! I am going to take niquil tonight.lol i can't post pone mine, i am in dire pain. i worry that they will have the tube down my throat and i won't be able to breathe through my nose. Nice nightmare for my interrupted sleep. The waiting is the worst. wash your hands all the time! My hub sells anti germ buddys to wear around the neck (airplanes use them) i am wearing one everywehre the next 3 weeks! good luck HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
help everyone's sick!

I work in the court system and the old adage of wash your hands is the best preventative method for avoiding illness(and anti-bacterial wipes for everything else -door knobs, key boards, stair rails etc.) This is silly but your are supposed to sing happy birthday 2 times to properly wash and kill germs; it is quite a site in the ladies restroom off the main court to hear a round or two of happy birthday!

Peace and Good Health!
Unread 01-19-2006, 09:43 PM
help everyone's sick!

So sorry to hear you have the sick germs! I agree with the handwashing and keep those linens and blankets clean also. Over the years I have found I rarely catch anything the kids have and I still cuddle and kiss all 5 of them. You proably will be alright and let's face it if your going to get it you will. Stay positive and try not to stress about it too much. The worst thing that could happen is your date would change a little. I know, no one want's that to happen especially when we have spent so much mental time and energy preparing. But.... it would not be the end of the world. I have a feeling you will be fine. Two of my kids have strep throat right now and my surgery is next week. It is one of the first things that crossed my mind (surgery!) when they got sick but then I figure I have never had strep. so why start now! lol. Take care and God's blessings.
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:26 PM
help everyone's sick!

Thanks everyone! I carry antibacterial gel in my pocket. You should see the kids faces every time I use it!! LOL!! I think they understand though!!
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:40 PM
help everyone's sick!

I completely agree, wash your hands, have a good attitude, use the anti-bacterial gels, and I also use this stuff called Emer'gen-C. I was going to try that Airbourne stuff but the herbs in there stopped me. I don't want to take anything that could post pone the surgery!
Unread 01-20-2006, 05:11 AM
help everyone's sick!

My kids have been very ill on and off for the past 2 months. I'm 8 wks from surgery so I hope they will have gotten over it by then. I'm constantly washing my hands, and will wash all the sheets and blankets in all the beds this weekend, and probably do some anti-bacterial spraying too. My system is very weak right now due to an IBS flare-up, so I'm terrrified it will hit me in 2 wks.
I couldn't give up the cuddling, but have tried to at least keep my face away from theirs, and have asked them to keep washing their hands too. I also put paper towels in the bathroom when they are sick so that they are not contaminating the hand towels, it works well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register