Curious.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Curious....

I had an orgasm last night, of course no penetration. But I was wondering if it was too soon. My surgery was a lil over 2 weeks ago. I feel ok, nothing more than the soreness Ive been feeling. Just wanted to see if it was ok? Also, Ive noticed that, well, how should I put this, I find myself arroused more often then before surgery, is that normal?? If anyone has some info that would help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Re: Curious....

Hi PrietaChiple, it is likely that you didn't cause in serious damage having an orgasm, but before you have another one, you should ask your doctor when it is ok to engage in non-penetrating activities (outercourse), and tell him that you have already had one. Some docs tell their patients that they are on complete pelvic rest for 6 or 8 weeks. Others say outercourse is ok after a couple weeks. Only your doc can tell you what he recommends. As for your increase in libido, it is completely normal. Mine increased dramatically too, and it has remained high. Now instead of thinking about sex all the time, it's only most of the time Here is an article that explains why this may happen : Post op increase in libido Hope this helps!
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:19 PM

Ditto to all the above. I had my 3 week post op check up today and my MD said it was fine. I think the hormone changes increase our desire, along with knowing we don't have to worry about the pain or bleeding anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2013, 12:44 PM

Thank u ladies, i will def ch with my dr before having another one. Feels gud to kno its normal. I cnt thank u enough for ur advice. <3
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:55 PM

I was beginning to think I was the only one with a high sex drive post op as I was warned my sex drive may not come back I had intercourse 3 weeks post op and haven't been able to get enough since. I don't know whether its because its great after 20 years to have pain free sex or if its my hormones still up in the air. I'm now 7 weeks post op and still a walking orgasm
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM

Lol ladies! I was also worried about not being able to have orgasms after the surgery. But I had one in my sleep about 10 days after surgery! I was worried it injured something, but I was fine.

Looking forward to when I can resume intercourse!
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:08 PM

I just had my two week followup today and asked my Dr. if it was okay and she said it was fine BUT an orgasm does cause contractions of the vaginal walls so it wouldn't be unusual to see slight bleeding/spotting afterwards (similar to when we overdo it in general). As long as there was no heavy bleeding it was fine. She really said it was up to me and how I was feeling. After talking with her I think I will wait a little longer just to be safe. Since everyone's surgery is different I second the idea of checking with your doctor. Oh, and mine said this was one of the most common first preop visit questions!
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:55 PM

So glad to hear im not the only one. Lol this is too awesome, to have somewhere to go, speak with women who kno exactly what im goin thru. Thank God for my HYSTERSISTERS!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register