needs advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-02-2006, 01:17 AM
needs advice

I had my lavh on dec.29th, and that evening i kept experiencing horrible chest pain and my blood pressure kept dropping, at one time to 70/40, and my heart rate was 150bpm. I tried to tell the nurses that i thought something was wrong and they kept telling me i had gas and needed to get up and walk to make me feel better, but i was in so much pain that i could not walk. The next morning, the new shift came in and found me and i was going into shock --- I was rushed into emergency surgery for internal bleeding. I had to have a blood transfusion of two pints of blood, and ended up staying in the hospital for almost a week. Needless to say, I wasn't too thrilled with my nurses that first evening because I felt like they weren;t listening to me. I just wanted to know if any of your vital signs got a little crazy after surgery, because i feel that mine were ignored by the nurses. I don;t know what vital signs are usually like after a hysterectomy, because my bp was so low because of the bleeding. This whole ordeal has been such an emotional roller coaster, and i know that i should be doing a lot better now that i am entering my 5th week since surgery, but i am still so weak. they said i would be anemic for about 6 weeks because of the blood loss, but sometimes i feel like this is never going to end. When am i going to start getting more energy? any advice?hope to hear from someone soon. By the way, how am i suppossed to be feeling 5wks post surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 05:15 AM
needs advice

Hi Alyssa2,
Well...my surgery ended up taking twice as long and my surgeon said I lost a lot of blood. She didn't give me a transfusion though. Through the end of surgery day and into the next my blood pressure was low; many, many times at 84/44. They just started giving me iron pills, which I will have to take for at least a month. Then they'll check my blood to see if i'm still anemic and need to take them. Are you on some sort of iron too?
I too feel weak. People that have seen me said I look peekish and pale. I had a LAVH-BSO on Jan. 17th.
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:25 AM
needs advice

I did have 3 pints of blood after surgery. I did not have a lot of bleeding during surgery but they think it was an artiary (sp?). I was really weak for about 6 weeks. I also was very pale. It will pass. Always good to keep an eye on it though. They informed me about the tranfusion. They had been testing my blood every morning, afternoon and evening. Enough that I felt like a pin cushion. They were on top of it the whole time. Sorry they wouldn't listen to you. Please take care.

SNSHINE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Similar symptoms same day!

I had a TVH? Vaginal hyst..not lap. I had a few fibroids the largest the size of a cantalope. I did have very low blood preasure and heart rate was very low for the day of and paret of the next day. THey said it was most likely because of the morphine drip they had me on. I tend to have low BP anyway,but any trauma sends it soaringly low. I did have a blood transfusion (4 pints), but that was a month before surgery, after the preliminary blood tests showed severe anemia. I do hope all turns out well for you!! I am feeling better than I have in years and my recovery has been a breeze...mostly due to vaginal surgery, I think.
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:57 AM
needs advice

I am sorry for your situtation. Nurses can affect your hospital stay in either a postive or negative way. Usually their intent is not malicious though. I had a huge bulge on my right hip that I pointed out to my RN on the third day, the day I was suppose to go home. She said it was fine and I could walk. Well, it wasn't fine. I had internal bleeding. My BP was not low with my internal bleeding, instead, my pulse was raising and my BP would rush up when I stood. I ended up pale, shaking, blacking out, the works. In the end, I had to have 2 pints of blood, but it was several months before I recovered due to all my complications. Each of us feel differently at different stages of our recovery, depending our cirucmstances.
in there and many s to you!
Unread 02-09-2006, 01:09 AM
needs advice

wow. it is so nice to talk to people who can relate to what i am going through. it makes me so good knowing that you guys are going thruogh all of these things as well. My surgery was almost 6 weeks ago, Every time i got to the bathroom and wipe, there is a tinge of a brouwnish on the toilet paper that smells just horroble. I am goinh to the dr friday and may ask him what is . have any of you girls have any symptoms like mine?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register