Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks after hysterectomy, cervix remains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks after hysterectomy, cervix remains Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks after hysterectomy, cervix remains

Unread 04-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks after hysterectomy, cervix remains

Sorry about the sensitive topic. So, as the title says, I've noted some bleeding this evening and a tiny clot after I used the restroom. Earlier today I masturbated carefully, outside the clothing, no penetration. I still have my cervix, though everything else was removed. Is the bleeding due to the masturbation, do you think? Or is it maybe just stitches coming out? Any thoughts? Of course this would happen on a Friday night when I can't call my doctor for two days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Re: Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks, cervix remains

I dont know i that could have caused it or not. My doc cleared me for 'outercourse' at first just whenever i felt 'up' to it. I know some ladies are on complete pelvic rest though for the 6 weeks due to different things. I would say to play it safe, keep your feet up rest and not to do it again until you could speak with your doctor. I had a pretty bad bleed last weekend and the doc told me no 'outercourse' until i was off bedrest and doing ok with light housework with no bleeding now. Like if i could sweep the floor lightly and things like that then i could resume with outercourse. He was worried it could trigger another bleed so, it may have been the cause. I would just play it safe until you could speak with your doc about it.
Unread 04-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Re: Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks, cervix remains

My doctor said the same no action for six weeks. I would not wait call your doctors office and page him/her over the weekend. I'm sure he will understand the importance of you contacting him/her as soon as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Re: Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks after hysterectomy, cervix remains

I was told complete pelvic rest for at least 6 weeks as orgasms cause blood and fluids to rush to the pelvic region which would put pressure on all the internal sutures and causes swelling in the vagina and pelvic floor. I would give your Dr a call and let them know, just in case, and also find out if you're cleared for outercourse before you attempt again. 😇
Unread 04-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Re: Bleeding after manual stimulation - 4 weeks after hysterectomy, cervix remains

I forgot to respond to this, before. Although it's an embarrassing topic, maybe it will help someone else. My doctor said that spotting after orgasm was normal and was completely unconcerned. However, I still have my cervix, which may play a role in her casual demeanor. I would suggest that anyone else not do what I did and just call the dr and ask first, no matter how embarrassing it may seem.
Unread 04-27-2014, 06:44 AM

My doctor was so funny when she explained to me and hubby what we were allowed to do for the next 8 week's. She said, "it's just like high school. No going all the way but everything else is fine."

I have done it like 3 times and I haven't had any problems. The only thing I notice is the absence of uterine contractions with orgasm. It feels really good. I want do mutual hand jobs with my hubby but i feel really self conscious about how my abdomen looks right now so that's kinda holding me back. I sure do think abut it a lot though. 😉
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. I think we as women tend to care more about our appearance than our spouses do. You just went through a major surgery, I'm sure he doesn't mind. Besides the fact with the waiting period, he is happy for anything at this point.
Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!
And since I have not been cleared yet, wishing you all the best! !!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register