Abreviation ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abreviation ? Abreviation ?

Unread 04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Abreviation ?

I just got back from the Dr's today and he told me that he is doing a TAH-BOS I believe that is the letters he used. This date is being set as we speak, I am unsure of the last 3 letters. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Abreviation ?

BSO means bilateral solpingoophorectomy. That means the removal of both ovaries. I'm also having TAH/BSO.
Unread 04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Abreviation ?

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy- Bilateral Salpingoopherectomy---Removal of uterus and both tubes and ovaries.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Abreviation ?

What is your diagnosis? Do you have endometriosis, fibroids, pre-cancerous cells, bleeding, pain, ovarian changes? It all depends on what's going on with you. Fortunately, you have found a forum with ladies who have experienced the whole spectrum. I'm sure you will get plenty of advise!!! TAH BSO (Total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo oophorectomy) it means an abdominal incision with removal of the uterus including the cervix, removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes.

My problem was only with the fibroid tumors that had invaded my body. Never had problems with endometriosis, cancer, or ovarian cysts. I had a TAH (just the uterus and cervix removed, abd. incision). My ovaries are still intact. If you have other problems though, some of them can be hormone-driven, so that is why the decision is made to remove the ovaries. If that's the case, many (I would have) choose to start hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Helps to avoid heart disease, bone loss, decrease in sexual drive, etc. Hope this helps!!
Unread 04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Abreviation ?

bilateral salpingoophorectomy means the removal of Both of your ovaries and both of your fallopian tubes.
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy is the removal of your uterus along with your cervix. Taken abdominally as opposed to vaginally.
Lot's of info on this site.
Unread 04-06-2004, 08:47 PM
answers given!!!!

So many thanks to all of you for your reply to my question. This sight has been a god send to me. Even my Husband notices a change in the nervousness that it has calmed down some just by visiting this site.

I have a 6in cyst on my right ovary, the left one was taken out a couple of years ago. Now he is taking all the plumbing out. My hubby called it cleaning out the play pen!!!!!! LOL

Just a special thanks to all the women on this site that are helping myself and others through a very scarey experience! You are all loved!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register