3 Things At One Time..Overwhelmed - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Things At One Time..Overwhelmed 3 Things At One Time..Overwhelmed

Unread 04-14-2003, 08:06 PM
3 Things At One Time..Overwhelmed

Oh yeah, had to comment about the beard and mustache thing. I'm Italian and have had that problem without the hormonze! =0) The only thing I worry about is who will shave my face after my surgery?? don't want to have five oclock shawdow. Time to talk to my younger sister... she's Italian too. LOL. (Okay, really I'm not that hairy, yet.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2003, 08:24 PM

Yes I know what you mean about hitting stuff thats not supposed to even be there! and..Thanks Shelly for the lighthearted response to the beard and mustache thing! I set my daughter straight on that one. This forum had really helped set my mind at ease about my upcoming surgery.I am still very scared but I can tell you all of your replys do help me see a light at the end of this tunnel.Dancer4 Jesus made a coment on the post right before this about the stinging belly button pains.To tell you the truth I thought I was getting a belly button hernia first time that happened.What a weird feeling! Glad to hear someone else has that too.Wonder why that happens? I mean what in the heck do our belly buttons have to do with our prolapses??? Have wondered that since the first time it happened.I am wondering how many of the other odd sensations I have now are connected to the prolapses?As far as what you should ask at your pre op I would say whatever and I mean whatever you want to know.Since I have talked with the other gals on here I have found out No queation is too silly to ask and when you go see your Dr don't leave until you know everything you want no matter how silly you think it is.My pre op isn't until May 27th and I am already making a list for Dr.Hope I can fit it in my purse to take with me.Its growing everyday! Just like my Tummy!!LOL
Unread 04-15-2003, 04:17 PM

It's so amazing to listen to everyone and now connect so many discomforts I have had for so long with this prolapse. Yeah, who knew this condition could cause such an array of aches, pains and miscellaneous other ailments. I have had intenstinal problems forever, it seems like and lower back pain also. Had so many tests and x-rays never to find a darn thing. Now, hearing all these problems that are similiar to so many with a prolapse, it's actually starting to make some sense. I'm hoping so much that this surgery will relieve some of these and I can finally feel really good for a change. Don't get me wrong, it's not killing me, but I think it's just cause I've gotten used to it and always figured there wasn't anything I could do to make it better. Just something I had to live with, you know. I really can't wait to be done with it all. May 21st can't come soon enough for me!
Unread 04-17-2003, 03:17 PM
surg date...woohooo!

scheduled for april 24, 7:30 am!...had my pre op today at the hosp., Havent been able to use a tampon for 3 months or so..ugh. Pads are a draaaaaggggg. LOL. Been busy getting my stuff ready for surg and getting Easter squared away so I havent been online for a few days. Getting to be a draggg waiting for the 24th too..lol
Unread 04-08-2004, 02:09 PM
tought i was too young

I am only 23 and recently had two docs tell me that i was going to need a hysterectomy. i am very confuse and don't really understand what that means. I have had the pains and discomforts that most of you have endored for a year now. before my previous trip to the emergency room i thought that after having kids this was normal. they said i have cervical prolapes, rectesele, cystesele. up until now i have never heard of these problems existing and am still not really sure of what they are. I go to a speciallist on the 29th of april and he will then decide what happens. My family doc has said that there isn't anything i can do to make this better without surgery, is this true? i stumbled on to this site out of pure luck and i am greatfull. just the things i have read here have helped me realize that this is a real problem. i thought i was wierd. i don't know really anything about hysterectomy's or hystOrectomy. i don't even know why there are two different spellings. anything that you could tell me about this would really help reduce my anxiet before i go see this other doc and maybe prepare me for the things he has to say. One thing i am really wondering is am i loosing everything in there or are they just removing certian things i guess i have a lot of questions to ask on the 29th. truthfully i should consided my self one of the lucky ones if you can really even say that. i fortunantly already have my kids and had my tubs tied a year ago this month and my husband says at least he doesn't have to survive through the change of life or at least 20 more years of pms. I told him there is a downside to this but i don't know what that is not sure i can really see the upside either. i was raised by my dad and haven't had a mother figure there to explain these sort of things to me. probably why i don't understand. please fell free to email me i would appreciate it. good luck to all
Unread 04-08-2004, 02:38 PM

Hey ladies!!

Count me in. All three at one time. Aren't we lucky?

I don't have tons of pain, just a nagging ache in my lower back. And then there's the pain during sex, but it sounds as if you know all about that.

It's nice to know we're not alone, sometimes I do feel sort of freakish. Insides falling out at 33? Most people I know have never heard of any such thing.

Take care
Unread 04-08-2004, 11:23 PM

its not that bad to have it all repaired at once..i too had A&P repairs along with the hysterectomy..the whole procedure took my dr 30 minutes to do...there was minimal pain involved..was off pain meds by day 3 post op..constipation wasnt an issue (keep a high fiber diet going if at all possible along with stool softeners-Colace)...not sure what else to say other than (hopefully) you too will have a fairly easy time with surgery and experience a speedy recovery with minimal discomfort.
Unread 04-09-2004, 08:36 AM

I remember asking my dr the same question....after I have the surgery will I still be a gaping canyon down there? He smiled and said, oh no, everything will be tightened up after the repair work. He was right!!!

It is rather embarrassing having everything falling out and the idea of sex is the farthest thing from your mind. But rest assured, LIW, everything is all snuggly again and so much better.
Drs don't tell us everything to expect, everyone is so different they could spend days trying to go over every possibility. You should read all you can so that you're informed and ready to go. For those having repair work, a donut pillow is a wise purchase. They aren't that expensive but worth their weight in gold.

The feeling of no bulge or anything falling out is absolutely wonderful. I waited many years before I was able to have this done and I wish I'd done it sooner. Every now and then I stop and think....woohoo...this feels good. I don't have to squeeze my legs together trying to push everything up any more. It's fabulous.

Blessings and s to all you LIW and prolapse princesses (or should I say ex-prolapse princesses!!!)
Happy Easter
Unread 04-09-2004, 09:01 AM
3 Things at one time

My hyst with a bladder sling for vaginal prolapse was about a year ago. I haven't visited this website in a while, but a message came up on my e-mail and I felt I should answer.
This site is great for learning what you need to know and also giving you a little more confidence to go through with surgery. My surgery was on a Monday night and I was home by Tuesday night. I called it a drive-thru hysterectomy. I did have problems with my bowels and bladder afterward and did have to self-catheter for a while, but everything eventually started working. One big tip: My urogyno's nurse taught me how to self-cath while lying on my back in bed and using a mirror. She used to work in a nursing home and was used to working with bedridden patients. The best way to self-cath, if you can do it, is just to stand before the toilet. Far less messy.
Best wishes to all of you who are going to have hysts. I put off having mine for six years but finally realized it was necessary.
Take care, Aunt May
Unread 04-17-2004, 06:35 AM

Hi Ladies!!

I too have not been here for awhile, but got notice of a reply to a thread. I had my surgery in May 2003 and I feel GREAT!!. I'd never even know I'd had it if it weren't for the missing 'bulge'! I was in the hopsital two nights, never took any pain meds after the first day (the doctor didn't even prescribe anything for me) and had no major problems. The only minor problem was going potty, but that worked itself out ok after some some mild laxatives. A few months later, I did get an infection that produce a little bit of a'fishy' smell after sex, but the doctor gave me a presciption that cleared it right up and have had no problems ever since.
Before my surgery, my biggest problem was sex. I was so self conscious of everything falling out, I never wanted anyone to get near there! No worries about that now and I don't know if it's my imagination, but my orgasms are quicker and stronger now. Anyone else notice that change?
Anyway...just saying to anyone who's getting ready to have this surgery, it was a piece of cake for me. And it could be the same for you. Not to worry!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register