Scheduled dVH/RALH adenomyosis question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenomyosis question adenomyosis question

Unread 06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
adenomyosis question

Anybody out there been diagnosed with adeno and bloat like crazy in the evening? Thought I was allergic to dairy but that hasn't helped at all. Just praying that in the long run this hyster will solve at least most of my issues if not all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Re: adenomyosis question

I am not certain I have adenomyosis (I still have two weeks until consult after testing-gotta love tricare). But my bloating at night, actually by 4:00, is horrible. I have tried OTC gas meds to no avail. The heating pad seems to help some. It is also somewhat better on the weekends when i don't work and can stay off my feet. I am sorry you are having this symptom- sending hugs.
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM

I just got my path results today which confirmed adeno.YES,I had horrible bloating.At the worst prob about 6-7 months pregnant.Unfortunately still have post op swelly belly but still not as bad as before.Best of luck and positive healing thoughts.(((hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM

I'm sorry,yes worse in evening and better without activity.Don't know if adeno was the cause but has improved since
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM

Thank you ladies sooo much! I am beginnig to think I am going crazy and all alone in this...
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:05 PM

I had my hyster for adenomyosis and pre op I looked several months pregnant. It got worse in the evenings.I'm a small framed girl, so I didn't look fat, I looked nicely rounded like a pregnant woman.It slowly got bigger during the last 6 month before my hyster.
:cathugs:
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:51 AM

I am having a TAH in 3 weeks due to adenomyosis, endo, fibroids and irregular, heavy bleeding. I definitely get bloated later in the day, and I too thought it was a dairy intolerance. I have lost a lot of weight, so now I just look slim, yet pregnant by night time. Good luck with your surgery, hopefully bloating will be a thing of the past for both of us afterwards.
Leigh
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Just heard from my doc yesterday that she thought I had adenomyosis. I remember suddenly feeling like my abdomen was swelling about a year ago. It'll be interesting to see how we look after the surgery. Good luck to you.
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:12 AM

Yes. My last 3 months with my uterus the bloating and gas pains were horrible. It hurt so bad that I couldn't stand up completely straight, felt like I couldn't even eat a full meal, and was grouchy due to the pain. All of that has been gone since my hysterectomy! Now, no more gas pains, no more cramps, no more deep dull ache in my pelvis. I also feel younger and have more energy now. Adenomyosis is the pits. I had no idea how bad I really felt until I was relieved of my diseased uterus.

Also, due to the bloat being gone, I lost 1 and a half inches off of my waist with the hysterectomy.
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:20 AM

All these posts are making me hopeful that I will one day be rid of pain and bloat. Thank you to all that offer hope.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register