Three days till the castle and....OMG,,,THREE DAYS!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Three days till the castle and....OMG,,,THREE DAYS!!! Three days till the castle and....OMG,,,THREE DAYS!!!

Unread 12-12-2001, 06:51 PM
Three days till the castle and....OMG,,,THREE DAYS!!!

I don't know whether to be relieved that the waiting is nearly over.....or scared out of my ever-lovin' mind!

Perhaps a little of both?

Trying to stay well....finding great support from my friends and boss and co-workers. So many good things.....almost make me forget about the hard things.

People have been giving me non-Christmas "recovery" gifts like pajamas, robe, and a cute plush pillow. I don't know how to express to them how much this means to me! Seems like I'm constantly fighting back tears.

I tried to make a deal with a friend - - I offered to trade my hyst for my friend's speech final exam. I could get an A in that class. Good trade, right?

Would you believe HE wouldn't take me up on my offer? Wonder why?!

Don't mind me....I'm kind of goofy and I think I'll get goofier as the time draws nearer. I use humor as a coping mechanism. It works!

BTW.....any other 12/15 ladies out there? Am I going to be the princess OF the day??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2001, 07:07 PM

It is perfectly normal what you are feeling. I couldn't wait to have it over with, but at the same time I was so nervous. I cried at the drop of a hat, couldn't sleep, etc. You will get through this and you will say why was I so worried. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 12-12-2001, 07:43 PM

Hi and Welcome! I know just how you feel. Before my surgery I was a mess...nervous, but could not wait. I kept wishing for a time miracle...to be translated to the post surgery period. Your sense of humor is great and will help you through this. Glad you found this site.

Here are a couple of links that may help you while you wait:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...1&daysprune=30

We will be here for you!

s

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2001, 08:22 PM

Best wishes to you! I know how you feel, I feel that way too, but I have to wait till Feb still. That's so nice that everyone is giving you gifts to make you more comfy, they care about ya Ya know, I was getting wishy washy about the hysterectomy all last week, knowing its the best thing, knowing I want to do this, but feeling the boohoo's about losing part of myself/no more babies which we'd decided years ago not to have more, but this had made me wish for another one, hubby would have to reverse his vasectomy , anyhow, the last couple days I've been in PAIN, my period came today, they did a d&c a couple weeks ago so no GUSHING, but OUCHY, my side hurts so bad, and my back hurts and I'm so TIRED...this all made me realize I can't wait to be done with it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register