Questions about LSH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions about LSH Questions about LSH

Unread 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Questions about LSH

how old were you when you had your LSH?
Did it take care of the incontinence?
Did you need a bladder sling later?
I keep going back and forth on my decision to have the surgery.
I have a LOT of bulk, but my periods have stopped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Re: Questions about LSH

XenaJada,

To answer your questions:

I was 55 at the time of my LSH/BSO.

I've had little change when it comes to incontinence.

My slight incontinence was not and still is not bad enough for a sling IMHO.

What does your doc recommend? Is your incontinence bad enough that you want to do something about it?

My uterus was huge with fibroids I've lost lots of weight since my hyster. I believe the weight loss and hyster has helped me keep my pelvic floor issues from getting more serious. I'm not considering more surgery at this point but I have done pelvic floor physical therapy to make sure I'm doing all I can.

Hope this helps.

Unread 10-07-2010, 06:27 AM

I have a large uterus as well (12cm x 10.5 x 11.6).
I'm petite, so it is filling up my pelvis.
Lots of bulk, backache, pushing against organs, etc. I'm not obese though. 5'3", 128 lbs.
45 and no period for 6 months.

I have stress incontinence when I jog, laugh hard, sneeze, or go down steep steps. Most of the time it is not a huge amount, just enough to aggravate me. I visit the bathroom multiple times nightly.

Surgeon recommends LSH with NO pelvic sling. He says he would rather do a minimum and see if that takes care of the USI.

I've never been pregnant and my obgyn was pretty surprised that I'm leaking, saying my pelvic muscles seem to be really strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Hi XenaJada,

I also had a LSH.

I had bladder incontinence in pre-op...and my 1st Dr. wanted to do a bladder sling. My 2nd Dr. who did my LSH recommended *not* doing a bladder sling. He said I had a 46 yr. old bladder and my fibroids were pushing on it. He was right. My bladder incontinence cleared up after my LSH. I can now hold a fulll bladder..and my bladder is now 52 yrs. old.

Best wishes ~

Mary
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:14 AM

I'm 40 and I had a LSH with a similar experience. I didn't have incontinence problems, but I certainly couldn't hold it for long. When I got rid of all those big fibroids, there was no longer anything pushing on my bladder. At my first post-op appointment, I told the doctor that it now feels completely different when I need to pee. The strong urgency is gone. My lower back pain was completely gone right after the surgery too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register