Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty

Unread 12-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty

Help, my surgery is Dec. 13 and I keep seeing ladies talk about these but do I need both? What is the difference?

Many Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Re: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty

Abdominal binders are wraps which go around the tummy for support. Compression panties are underwear which do the same thing. If you go to the HysterSisters' Store and search for "panties" and "binders" you'll see a variety of both.

I didn't do either as the idea of something tight around my stomach wasn't what I wanted. I was given some post-op mesh panties by the hospital - non-compression. I ended up wearing them because they were so darn comfortable!

You'll find answers about binders and compression at all extremes. It really is a matter of preference.

Unread 12-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Re: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty

Hi DreamBigForever -

This is really a personal decision on your part. I had open abdominal surgery with a 6-inch vertical incision. I did not feel the need for anything. Some women swear by their binders.

You should also talk to your doctor - some doctors do not want you to wear the binders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2016, 03:40 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Abdominal Support Binder &/or High Waist Compression Panty

I love my binder. I used it after the birth of my daughter and am glad I held on to it to use now. I also purchased another binder that comes in three pieces that I will use once my swelling is down and my tummy isn't so tender.

I like the support the binder offers. I feel like it helps with my posture, makes my back feel better, and holds everything in when I cough/sneeze/laugh/etc. I will note that I like the feeling of compression garments and even before surgery I almost always wore a Spanx Cami or compression tights (if it's not hot out). I like the feeling of having it all held in! So that may contribute to my preference for the binder. I don't know if it contributes to the healing, I just know that I find it more comfortable.

I haven't tried the support panty.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register