nervious and falling apart for Nov 25. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nervious and falling apart for Nov 25. nervious and falling apart for Nov 25.

Unread 11-21-2003, 08:22 AM
nervious and falling apart for Nov 25.

hello ladies,

I am having a tah on Nov. 25 of all days my oldest son birthday.
I am having this done due to havey bleeding every other week for the past 7 months with a great amount of pain we tryed so many things but all failed.I have so many mixed amotions right now.I am so fighten right now I dont now if I am coming or going
witch derection to face.I have cleaned I trying to keep my mind busy but when night time comes I fall apart.I never had surgery before.My dh and all my kids are being very supportive witch is really great.I hate the idear that I will be away from them for a couple of days.Every time I think of the morning I have to say bye to them I start to cry. So I try not to think about it but it just pops in my head.I told dh I hope they give me a setative cuz by the time I get to the castel I will be a wreck.I just thank god that dh can take 2 or more weeks off of work to help me with kids and all the other stuff.I took alot of great advice off this forum for recovery and I am very thankfull of this web site.The support on this forum is so wounderfull and I wanted to thank all the sisters for makeing this happend.I also wish all the ladies who will be having surgery Nov 25. and the days to come best of luck to you all and may your recoveries go well.

{Twilight of Hope}
{With darkness there is light With hope everything is possible}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2003, 08:47 AM

I had TAH on Nov. 12. All the anxiety you are experiencing is a normal reaction to surgery. I, too, had never had surgery before this, and I was a bundle of nerves preceding "that day". I can't really give you any advice on how to make the nervousness go away, but try praying. That really helped me. I was still scared, but it gave me somewhere to direct all that nervous energy. Realize that it's all in Gods hands, and worrying about it won't change anything. Also, think about after the surgery. Look a couple of months into the future and think about how great you'll feel then. The 2 days following my surgery were the most painful and difficult and so I always thought of how all of this pain was actually part of the process of healing so that a few weeks from now, I won't have to deal with heaving bleeding, painful cramps etc. That really put things in perspective. I will gladly go through a couple of weeks of difficulty to never have to deal with all of that again. Anyway, I hope this all helps and I will be praying for you that your castle stay is uneventful. Keep your chin up! :-)
Unread 11-21-2003, 08:54 AM
nerves?????

In reading your post, I am crying my eyes out..I will being saying bye to my smaller children (5&7), on wednesday.....How do you explain to them where and why I am going...They know where, but not really sure why and what is happening to me...We are trying to do the best we can in explaining, but it gets a little old after awhile...

You have a great recovery and you will be in my prayers....

Wandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2003, 10:01 AM

Hello ladies

Thank yous for your support I have been praying so much that all will be ok.I know I have a guardain angel my little girl who passed away 9 years ago from cancer.I saw the strengh in her to face what she had to face and we faced it together.I know she will be there in sprit with me and god will be watching over me as well as he watches over all of us.It very diffuclut to exsplane to my youngers ones as well.My youngest asked if I was going with his sister the one who passed I busted out crying and trying to exsplane to him that I wasn't going with her.That my booboo and there sister's booboo was diffrent and o it was so hard he had little tears coming down his face.At that point I just grab all the kids and huged them and told them that I will be back and not to worrie and everything will be ok I will be home after a couple of days.I my self am sceared and nervise and as it gets closer to the date I do try to stay strong for my kids but when they not looking I go in a room and cry cuz of my unsirtiny of what will be happing in a couple of days.Then with Thanksgiving around the cornor too I planed on celerbrating it the following Sunday with my family we pushed it up a week didnt think it would hurt to do it the following sunday.I will be praying for all upcoming sugeries for you ladies and a great recovery.Thank you all again for all your support it helps out alot.

{Twilight of Hope}
{With darkness there is light with hope everything is possible}
Unread 11-21-2003, 12:15 PM

Remembering the good to come, the painless journey ahead, is what keeps me strong. I'm going on the 24th.

Good luck to all of you!

MC
Unread 11-21-2003, 12:24 PM

Hi there,
I know it doesn't necessarily help to know that everyone is afraid - but it is true. We are all nervous before this surgery.

When you get to the hospital, are you having your surgery right away? do you go the day before?

in my case, I had to be there a day before, because I had to have some heart tests.
In the morning, I was given some valium about an hour before I was taken down to the operating area. this really helps you stay calm.

if you think you need something before the surgery date - talk to your doctor and see if you can get a little perscription to help you through.

I think it is lovely that you decided to have Thanksgiving early - your family sounds great - and that is a lot to be thankful for.

best wishes,
Unread 11-21-2003, 03:03 PM
25th

Hi there,
I am off to the castle on the 25th too, and after waking up yet again hurting and swollen, I am currently experiencing mixed feelings, on the one hand keen to get the op done, byt nervous and frightened that something horible will happen and I will come out worse than I go in!

I too know that I have a guardian angel, in my case its' my mum who died 10 years ago of uterine cancer. I am convinced she made me go to the docs to get it all checked out, therebye saving be going through her pain.

When I get really frightened, I think of this and it really does work, plus the outpouring of love I have received from family and friends is amazing. I never knew I was loved by so many people, How lucky I am.

Be strong for your little people Twighlight, show them what can be done with love.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register