Did anyone send thank you note to surgeon? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone send thank you note to surgeon? Did anyone send thank you note to surgeon?

Unread 05-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Did anyone send thank you note to surgeon?

I'm still seeing my gyn. I've been seeing him every week since I got out of the hospital. I developed a serum pouch and he's been taking care of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 09:45 PM

I did send a letter to my doctor telling her how she has changed my life etc. She was so thrilled she called me right away to thank 'me'. It was soo funny. We both started to laugh. I guess she doesn't get thank you's very often, but she sure deserves them.
Unread 05-29-2006, 10:29 PM

i sent a letter thanking the dr, the dr that assisted him, and the staff that took care of me for 3 days. i received a letter 1 week letter from the hospital thanking me for taking time out to send a letter, and they said they would give the letter to the dr. they deserve praise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 09:01 AM

About the rules . . . I work for a hospice. We allow individuals to accept gifts from patients as long as it is $25 or under in value. Patients and families have sent the entire staff baskets, plants, etc and it has never been a problem.

I plan on taking stuff in to my GYN office and general surgeon's office at my 6 week mark.

I had really great nurses and CNAs with the exception of one nurse who turned my PCA off continuous feed and when I complained that everytime I fell asleep I had to wake up and push the button her reply was "you just had surgery, you are going to feel pain". I shared my pain management education with her and she came back with her supervisor and fixed it, her mistake. Hope she never plans on working for a hospice, I can see her telling the patient "hey you are dying, you are going to have pain". God help her patients.
Unread 05-30-2006, 04:00 PM

I have hand made cards made ready to take with me when I go back for my check up and results on 5th June. I'm taking one for my consultant, surgeon, nurses, oncology nurse, the consultant at the first hospital I went to cos he was so wonderful and honest with me. I'm also taking flowers and chocolates in for the nurses, because they were absolutely amazing, I can't thank any of them enough for what they did for me, the castle I was in was miles from home and they made it as pleasant a stay as humanly possible.
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:22 PM

I did send a thank you to my surgeon shortly after I got home from castle. I felt like he cared and did a good job and even visited me on Sat morning even after a 'covering' came by. I still feel like I am in good hands.... I didn't know it had been suggested, I just did.
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:30 PM

I would send the doctor, hospital, and some of the nurses--only letters of complaints. You ladies are soooo fortunate to have a good experience. My left leg is still giving out and I am falling from femoral nerve damage. Mine surgery was a nightmare. I went to a recommended surgeon and wish I had researched her and the hospital better.
Unread 05-30-2006, 07:14 PM

I brought a large basket of chocolates for the nurses who took care of me. As for my surgeon, I thanked him personally when I went for my 6 week checkup.
M.
Unread 05-30-2006, 09:04 PM
I thanked everyone

At my 2 wk check up my husband and I hand delivered thank you cards to all the nurses that cared for me while I was in the hospital, the surgery team, and ofcourse my doctor. I even thanked the cleaning lady who was so nice to me. It was a small country hospital so the staff was small and I got everyone of them a different card. And when the hospital called to check on me I bragged on everyone of them. The hospital gives their employees a gift certificate to dinner if they are mentioned by a patient. The housekeeper gave me a big hug because it was her first time receiving one, but she deserved it. She took time to talk to me and even walked me outside and sat on the bench with me which ofcourse is not her job, but she said whatever would make my stay more comfortable.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register