Thank You all for your welcome! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank You all for your welcome! Thank You all for your welcome!

Unread 10-11-2002, 05:02 AM
Thank You all for your welcome!

I have been doing so much more reading and I must say that this site has shed a different light on things and helped me tremendously to understand what my body is doing, why I am feeling what I am and that everything is going to be OK. Thank you all so much!

I have been trying to prepare my home as much as possible. DH and I have been in the remodeling phase for quite some time now but since I found out that a hyster is in order, we have gotten in gear quite a bit more. Mainly, my kitchen...I DONT have one LOL! We have gutted it out, put up new walls and just finished the sanding and ready for primer...all summer long I have been using an outdoor stove for cooking. Just this week we got in my new stove so I can start preparing meals for the time I am down. Things are moving along in the remodeling and my master bath is another project that is back in full swing. lol. I want to make sure its nice and pretty before my surgery

I just purchased a used laptop computer this week($88 <big grin>) also so I dont have to re-arrange my bedroom for my desktop pc to be moved next to my bed. Thinking about that stiff neck looking to the side dont sound too inviting!

I am also getting other things to prepare for my down time like thank you cards...2003 calendars to fill out for birthdays-events...I also plan to write a diary for each day that passes my recovery. I am also planning on wrapping those Christmas gifts already in waiting so its not done at the last minute with the rest of the load that will be bought for loved ones.

I must say tho, I dont know how some of you have survived more time than I have for this very intense pain from endo!!! I have only had this severe pain for 4-5 months now and with each passing month, it gets worse and worse. Just this past episode, the pain was so bad and so intense, my poor dh was very ready to take me to the hospital so the dr's could help me. I kept telling him no cuz it will pass...altho I did feel like I was dying or for someone to just end my misery right then and there! I ended up passing out at some point from the pain and the pain med...I dont even remember getting tired enough to sleep....the lights just went out. I tell ya tho, my hubby is pure gold and i think he should earn the prince of the year award.

anyhow, I should end this here. I could keep going and going like the energizer bunny with my ramblings LOL! not hard for me to do

Good luck to those entering the castle this week and to those in recovery!

Wendy (surgery for TAH-ovaries and tubes included on 11/5 due to endo, fibroids,heavy bleeding and pain)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 05:47 AM
((((((((((Wendy)))))))))))))

Hi Wendy and Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!!!
So glad you found us. I too was lucky enough to find this site long b4 i had to have hyst. Got great ideas for questions from the pull down menu on the home page and in chat room.
We too are in the middle of the whole addition thing, our house still isn't done and we started 3 months ago!!!! :hair: Oh well, it is almost done - now that I am up and around and getting back into my routines. I hope if you have any questions or concerns that we can help you. I also invite you to join us in chat room where we talk about life before and after hysterectomy. Good Luck and let us know how it all goes.

s Wendy
Unread 10-11-2002, 05:53 AM
Thank You all for your welcome!

Hi Wendy,

I'm Shelly and must be your twin. I, too, live in Michigan (Northeast - East Tawas), am scheduled for surgery on November 5, 2002, and am having the surgery for the same reasons you are, except I have been suffering with this pain for about 5 years. This is the first I have posted (hope I am following all the rules), and you are right this is the best site!!! I have learned so much...and I know this site and all you wonderful sisters are the reason I am not terrified of this surgery now. Don't get me wrong, I am nervious but I am not going to chicken-out this time like I did last time. The encouragement, concern and caring words from all the Sisters is so wonderful.

Well, Wendy I think the time will fly by now....and we will be on the "other side." Good Luck with your remodeling efforts. I have been there and done that and it is not easy. I, too, am starting to prepare for the visit to the castle. Take care and God Bless,
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 06:00 AM
Wendy(WEN)

Thanks a bunch! I have found lots of information here and I dont think there is a page unturned(i think) here lol. Ok, there are but not many LOL! anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my thanks and ramblings. I am notorious for going bla bla bla
Unread 10-11-2002, 06:09 AM
Hi Shelly :wave:

Thanks a bunch!

I live in SE Michigan near the Pontiac area. I havent been in pain that long but sure have had discomfort which I never even began to think that it was anything to be concerned about and thought it was normal. I know now that I could have at least tried methods to help things along in feeling better. Remodeling is the pits isnt it? Altho well worth it once done!

Welcome to HysterSisters Shelly! I look forward to getting to know you better and definately...see you on the other side and good luck with your surgery! How ironic we are in the same state and having the surgery same day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register