Hip pain after Supracervical Lap Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hip pain after Supracervical Lap Hysterectomy Hip pain after Supracervical Lap Hysterectomy

Unread 04-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Hip pain after Supracervical Lap Hysterectomy

I had a Supracervical Laproscopic Hyst 1 1/2 yr ago and am still suffering with hip pain. Before the hysterectomy I had never had hip pain. I walked every day and done yoga a few times a week. Now I can hardly do a lot of the yoga postures anymore due to the hip pain.
I have seen a lot of post-op hysterectomy people post about the hip pain. So I thought it was normal but don't think it should be normal to still be painful after this long. The pain is constant, everyday. Doesn't seem to be related to any particular thing that I do.
I am on also on estradiol hormone pills. Would that cause hip pains?
Could you please share some info about what causes this and what I can do to relieve it?
peace to my hyster sisters ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Re: Hip pain after Supracervical Lap Hysterectomy

I would definitely get an x-ray to be sure of anything else going on.
And not really sure other than that.
Is the pain in the hip or on the side of the hip?
Definitely get your hip checked out to at least rule things out.
Take care
Unread 04-13-2015, 09:59 PM

Pain is IN the hips.. not outside. I had read that sometimes the positions they have to put you in to do the procedure could cause sore hips for a while but I would not think it would last for this long.. 18 months?!! that's just very odd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2015, 10:56 PM

Usually they have you laying flat for a partial lap hyster so it probably isn't that.
Could be something with your ovary? Could be referred pain.
Definitely get an x-ray to see if there is anything wrong with your hip. Or get an MRI to see the ligaments and such, maybe something is twisted.
The only way to rule anything out is to get it all checked out.
Hope you find some answers
Take care
Unread 04-14-2015, 06:16 AM

My ovaries were removed too so, no, wouldn't be my ovaries. I had everything removed except my cervix.
I am planning to go get xrays as soon as I can get insurance again. We lost our insurance a few months after my surgery due to husbands job change and right now can't afford to add me to his insurance at current job.
Obamacare isn't a good thing for everyone

Thanks for your input Steff33
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:04 AM

I suggest getting an MRI. I too have had left hip pain since my surgery. After countless Chiropractic and PT sessions I've finally been diagnosed with Ischiofemoral Impingement likely caused from surgery positioning. It was explained to me as a inflamed muscle stuck in a pelvis joint. The problem is everytime you move your re-pinch which keeps it from healing. I'm now on heavy duty ant-inflamatories and rest. If this doesn't work I'll try a steroid injection with a very long needle to get to the deep glut muscle affected. From my reading this too sounds like it's only effective for some.
My theory is they need to adjust you/move you during a long surgery. I was in surgery for 4 hours and can't imagine what position I was held in for this period. I'm also a very slight built woman without a lot of padding. I've heard this can make a difference. Hopefully the doctors figure this out. I would not have chosen laparoscopic surgery had I know of these risks.
Good luck, I hope you find some resolution soon!
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:40 AM

Thank you fybroidsrus for your comment. Sounds like exactly what I am experiencing and I am also slight built with not much padding. Also had a 4 hr surgery.
At least now I know what it's called and that it is an actual condition.. I'm not just imagining it!!
Right after surgery, for a few months I kept having menstrual cramps.... weird since all my female organs were gone. Dr told me it was "phantom pain" and would dissipate over time, which it did thankfully! Never heard of phantom pain from the loss of organs!!
So now that I have a name for my now suspected condition I'm not too happy to know there is not much to do for it other than those painful injections
I think I would have chosen the 'old school' hysterectomy had I know about this possible after effect.
Unread 07-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Hip pain after Supracervical Lap Hysterectomy

I had surgery December of 2013 and I to experience left hip pain I haven't yet had it checked out but it's quite concerning that a lot of females have this pain after this procedure

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register