Hey Honey I am home!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hey Honey I am home!! Hey Honey I am home!!

Unread 08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Home from the castle after my TAH. Good news - no cancer but yes on the ademomyosis. Got to keep ovaries but they went into shock so I am on HRT and I got an extra day in the castle for poor blood oxygenation. I had 17 staples ( and those were painful to get out).

I am exhausted and hope to be on line more over the next few days.

One thing I do know --I am already thrilled I had it done. Back pain I had for two years is GONE! Halleljuia!

Good luck to all future princesses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Welcome home!! Sorry to hear you had a little trouble,glad everything is ok.Good new's on the no cancer! Now you can rest and recover,take care.
Unread 08-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Can -

Welcome home and good news on the pathology report. As my days are getting numbered, I seem to be holding onto everyones 'good news' as some positive outlook for my 'news'.

Get the rest you need and I am sure you will be back on and as helpfu; as ever to those who need you.

One question when you are up to it? How did they know so fast your ovaries went into shock? Is this something they know from blood work? I had just figured you knew if you got home and over the next week or so you had Meno symptoms. I'm on Lupron so I am having hot flashes (boy do people look at you like your crazy at 37 when your waving yourself asking if anyone else is warm ) but I expect they might continue post - op for a little while.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Great news about no Cancer and the back pain being gone. Just think every day will get better and better. Glad your home.
Unread 08-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Sister M

We are so glad your home, and your back pain is gone! So nice to hear good outcomes. Many thoughts and prayers comming your way. Keep us posted.
Unread 08-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Great you're home and no back pain in 2 yrs....yippie!!! GOOD for you. No cancer is a definite plus!!!! Rest and post when you can. Prayers for a uneventful recovery.

Hugs
Unread 08-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Soooo glad to see you've made it home..

Congrats on no cancer...I am sure the other issues will work themselves out over time.

ps. as for ovaries, I am 5 days post op from TAH, kept ovaries, and no one mentioned one way or the other if
mine were working.. I don't feel any different.

to you Chris...look forward to chatting with you and comparing notes..

Gen
Unread 08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey Honey I am home!!

Yaaaaaaaay!!!!! You made it! I wondered what was taking you so long to post. An extra day, huh? I am so happy for you on the NO CANCER report (whew!) Now time to pamper the See you on the post op board!

Cathy
Unread 08-29-2006, 05:25 PM
How We knew the ovaries stopped

I was not having signs of menopause when I went in. Within 24 hrs of surgery, I was having hot flashes and cold sweats -- nights sweats were the worst. For now, I am on a hormone patch and then after I heal the doc will check levels and go from there when I am able to cope with the symptoms. I was really emotional and unable to get comfortable so they opted for HRT.

I feel so much better on the patch but am still just so tired. And sore!!

The ovaries striking is apparently not common but it does happen and I have no way of knowing if the ovaries were working really well to begin with...

I am borrowing a laptop for periodic checkins, but will be back on line as soon as I can....

Thanks for all the great greetings and thanks for all those who prayed for me!

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register