Update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Update

I thought it was probably time for an update on my progress. I am now five weeks post op and feeling better each week. My incision is not quite healed and it still draining at the very bottom. My husband and I are keeping a close watch on it. I am still sore and taking pain meds (over the counter) several times a day. I still have discharge and lots of bloating. I have been struggling with lots of emotional stuff around the new disfigurement of my already road weary body. I would never have believed anyone who told me how difficult this life event would be. It is indescribable.
Blessings! and Strength on the journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Update

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better each week! I wanted to read your post since I am 4 weeks from abdominal surgery and wondered what it may be like at 5 weeks. My hyst. was a couple years ago... but I had my left ovary removed and a big mess of adhesions around it that were causing pain. A lap turned to full ab surgery. Seems I have a nerve caught up in one of the laproscopic incisions... Dr. is hoping as the internal stitch dissolves so will my burning, searing pain. I have tried to switch to over the counter pain meds, but still need the darvocet, I was wondering if I was slow in that respect. I know we're all different, but I'm a worrier I guess. Anyway... I can relate to your feelings about the changes in the way our bodies look too. I have searched and found that most of us have returned to nearly normal given enough time. I am taking comfort in that, maybe you can too? Thanks for sending along your blessing... Back to you! Love, Cathy
Unread 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Update

Dear GreenGlassGal: Thank you for reading my message. I am always amazed at how the whole human race is connected in one way or another. You certainly have had your trials in terms of complications and you are right about us all being different. Here in Canada they seem to wean you off drugs like morphine in about three days. I went home from the hospital (a two hour drive) only with extra strength tylonol and no prescription for anything stronger. I promptly went to the emergency next day and got a prescription for Tylonol 3's. Just got off them and any codine about a week and a half ago. There are some days I wish I still had them.
My body is already distorted by obesity (40 years worth), 3 caesearians, a bowel resection and now the hysterectomy. I am trying to come to terms with the abuse I have put my body through over the years and the things life has thrown my way.
I hope all turns out well for you and wish you continued patience with your healing.
Blessings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Update

Hello again Squirrley. I am still needing the stronger pain meds about 3 times a day... that darned nerve caught up in there, is like a burning stab when it flares up. It is totally mind consuming when it does.
I have struggled with my weight for years, over the past 5, losing 60 pounds and gaining back 30 of them. I am trying to use this time to reset my thinking on food choices and serving sizes. I have such a hard time getting back to normal with my bowels and digestion after a surgery, that it is naturally easier for me to eat smaller amounts at this time. Hopefully I can carry on when I get back to normal life. The south beach diet plan helped me through, because I never felt hungry. It is basically a healthy way to eat, especially good for heart patients. Good carbs-good fats and LOTS of veggies, snacks between every meal. Once I got started it became habit. It's just that getting started thats hard
Treat yourself good today, don't don't be hard on you. i that you will continue to heal in all ways.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register