Having a 'Goodbye Party'!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a 'Goodbye Party'!!!!! Having a 'Goodbye Party'!!!!!

Unread 08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Having a 'Goodbye Party'!!!!!

Ladies,

I had my pre-op appointment and blood work done yesterday in preparation for my LAVH on Friday.
Tonight I am having a 'party' at a local bar and grill to celebrate!!! I have ordered a cake....complete with a cartoon uterus carrying luggage (I am sending my uterus packing!!!!). I have party favors for my guests that include things I will no longer have to use...tampons, panty liners. Even my gyno wants me to bring him my party favors I made. Said he never had one of his patients have a celebration party!!!
So many people dread having this procedure and there are a few horror stories out there. I am taking the position, that other than providing a womb for my son, this darn uterus has been nothing but a problem and I am celebrating her leaving my body for good!!!
yes...my husband and son think I am nuts, but my girlfriends have all gotten a kick out this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Re: Having a 'Goodbye Party'!!!!!

Good for you I felt the same way you do, I couldn't wait to kick my uterus out!!! Enjoy your night and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-19-2009, 06:35 PM

You are officially my hysto-hero!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Have a wonderful time!
I sent my husband and sons for a boys' weekend on the last weekend before surgery and had the house and the time to and for myself, spending time with girlfriends and decorating the house, including front deck and mail box, with pink balloons and streamers. This is girl stuff!! I had a WONDERFUL time and it prepared me psychologically for the surgery and recovery. I think it also helped my boys (offspring and spouse) grasp how important it is to me and all the talking about the 'de-uterisation party', as my teenage sons dubbed it, allowed us to talk a great deal about the surgery and its implications for me and the family.
Please let us know how yours went! I think it is great that the Dr wants the party favours!
Jx
Unread 08-19-2009, 08:42 PM

That is cool. Next wed I am going out with my friends to have some fun.
Have a blast.
Unread 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM

What a great idea!! I need to have a party too! Ditto Regslady, Stgardn is my hysto-hero too!
Unread 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Enjoy yourself . . . several ladies have posted "uterus parties" and I think it is a fabulous idea!
Unread 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Having a 'Goodbye Party'!!!!!

I had a Uterus Removal Princess Party before my TAH and it was a blast. It was at the Cheesecake Factory and I wore a tiara! I hope you have at great time at your party!
Unread 08-20-2009, 07:23 AM

Having my goodbye party on Friday! Can't wait. Didn't think about having a cake, but already have the party favors for my friends.
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM

That is awesome! I love it!!! Enjoy yourself and good luck with your surgery & recovery!

Cheers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register