A Skip and A Hop Away from Surgery on Wed yay! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Skip and A Hop Away from Surgery on Wed yay! A Skip and A Hop Away from Surgery on Wed yay!

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:24 PM
A Skip and A Hop Away from Surgery on Wed yay!

Well ladies I am a skip and a hop away from surgery. This is so exciting to be able to say good bye to my
nasty insensitive rude jerkaholic aunt flo. She has made me suffer for the last 20+ years. I believe she came with a vengeance (sp?) this time around because I have been bleeding since 07/13 and all of sudden no matter how many Provera pills I take she is coming on strong. So I guess she has gotten the hint that this is it so she wants to leave an impression but I know I will get the last laugh. Isn't there a saying he/she who laughs last laughs harder/louder. Anyways I'm so happy to be just around the corner from kicking her out of my life for good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Re: A Skip and A Hop Away from Surgery on Wed yay!

i am so sorry that you have been going through this. its probably been a long winding road for you. i had my hysterectomy on 8/12/09 by LAVH. what procedure are you going to be having? good luck to you and keep us posted on your recovery. this site has been my saving grace for information remember to REST and TAKE IT EASY. you only have one chance to heal right (that was the best advice that i received today).

mandy44lupo

LAVH (kept ovaries) 8/12/09
adenomyosis
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:49 PM

LOL! I am on my Blackberry so it doesn't show who started the thread until I open it. Twin syster, the second I read the thread title I KNEW it was you! I had my pre-op testing this morning and was glad to have an industrial size purse to be able to hide the gigantic box with FLEET printed on the side! I have a hospital band for blood typing that I get to wear until surgery so I now look like an escapee, but I am looking forward to getting this over with! I can't take any more Ibuprofen, so pain is upon me but ol Aunt Flo is on her way out the door for the very last time! We're on our way twin sys, blessings to us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM

They told me that they couldn't type and cross match me until I check in tomorrow morning. So no bracelet for me. Too bad, I'd like to look like an escapee and freak a few people out,lol.
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM

Mandy44lupo

I will be having a davinci procedure I will have my uterus w/cervix removed along with my fallopian tubes will only be keeping my ovaries . Thanks for the advice this site has been God sent

Maize1964

Twin oh twin you are always making me laugh I had to go in today also to get my type and screen because I had a blood transfussion last month I was not able to get that test done last thursday. Lol on the band comments. Mine is red not sure if yours is the same color it is on my right hand. As you said you feel like an escapee I was thinking that when I was driving home. I'm telling you we are twins we have the same thoughts that run through our minds . We are almost there sis almost there
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookcrazy View Post
They told me that they couldn't type and cross match me until I check in tomorrow morning. So no bracelet for me. Too bad, I'd like to look like an escapee and freak a few people out,lol.
I am getting some looks, that's for sure, lol! Hmm could have some fun with this...
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Aww twin sis thats us -------> lol
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:17 PM

Be sure to drool a little when people look at you funny.
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM

We ARE matching twins! Red band, right hand!
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookcrazy View Post
Be sure to drool a little when people look at you funny.
LMAO! Excellent! I could swing by to get my eyes checked, get some of those drops that dilate my pupils, rat my hair, throw on a robe & fuzzy slippers then go wander the mall drooling for awhile!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register