TLH 15 days post hysterectomy (TLH)- Discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days post hysterectomy (TLH)- Discharge 15 days post hysterectomy (TLH)- Discharge

Unread 07-04-2014, 02:08 PM
15 days post hysterectomy (TLH)- Discharge

From the 19-21st of June, right after my TLH I was bleeding, I knew it was normal so it wasnt a big deal. I was excited on the 22nd of June when I found no blood on my pad. Now at 15 days post TLH, I have this nasty brown/tan discharge on my pad, it smells and no matter how good I clean down south the smell is still there.

Any ladies have or experiencing this after their hysterectomy?

I plan to tell my doctor. I have my second post op appointment on the 9th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Re: 15 days post TLH- Discharge

It could be normal. I had discharge off and on for 6 weeks. I thought it smelled foul, but my doctor did not agree. It turns out it was old blood, from dissolving stitches. But a foul smell can also indicate infection. See this article: Vaginal Odor after Hysterectomy.
Unread 07-04-2014, 10:36 PM

Hi
went to pee tonight.(15 days after my surgery )
Brown looking blood on toilet paper..i freaked!!
I read that it's considered normal...? Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2014, 11:45 PM

I had brown. In my case it was old blood that was freed when a stitch dissolved. Many women report brown discharge.
Unread 07-05-2014, 04:55 AM
Re: 15 days post hysterectomy (TLH)- Discharge

I had a discharge with a bad odor - turned out to be Bacterial Vaginosis and I needed to go on antibiotics for it. There are other comments about it if you want to look. Dr said it's not abnormal to get after the surgery but antibiotics were necessary.
Unread 07-05-2014, 12:30 PM

I see my dr on the 9th. I think the way mine smells may not be normal but I will let him know. Im sure ill get an exam which I dont want cause I still hurt but I have to see if it is an infection.
Unread 07-05-2014, 12:36 PM

I have not had any spotting/bleeding or discharge yet but I did have a pelvic at my appointment last Monday. Have had no pelvic pain since surgery until then - it was quite uncomfortable and hurt all the rest of the day. But, at least I know it is healing inside cause he said it all felt good.
Unread 07-05-2014, 12:40 PM

My doc told me that tan to brownish discharge is normal for up to 6 weeks, but mine is pink......only 10 days post op so i may be moving around too much......but with 2 dogs 10 turtles a kid and husband.......its kinda hard to be still........
Unread 07-05-2014, 04:04 PM

My spotting is pink/red..i'm hoping its not cuz of my uterine cancer..
If everything is out now,why some spotting blood?!
I don't want to get an internal examination on Tuesday.. I don't want any more pain!
My recuperation has been very painful.. I seem to feel sorry for myself and cry a lot.. I thought that the blood would be behind me after having a full hysterectomy.. I'm very confused
Unread 07-05-2014, 06:21 PM

there are many in these forums that talk about spotting/light bleeding for the first few weeks. You are still early in the healing process so unless it gets to be a lot, I would not worry. And on Tuesday you can ask. You have to remember major surgery and trauma to the area. A little protesting would not be unexpected.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register