Ugh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Ugh

got my pre-op appointment in about an hour and I'm so nervous you would think today was surgery day... my stomachs in a knot and I feel like I could throw up or pass out or something... if nerves are like this today I can only imagine them getting worse as Monday approaches... think I'm going to see if my Dr will give me something to help calm me down and help me sleep... seems harder to fall asleep the closer I get to the day...

thanks ladies... just needed to get that out... can't believe how stressed I am over the pre-op appt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Re: Ugh

I can totally understand. I had my preop today and I left early and still when I got there they took me right in and on went the blood pressure cuff. My heart was pounding and of course my bp was 155/95. I tend to have a problem with doctors offices. but 2 days ago it was 140/78, so I don't know. I wasn't really nervous to go today, but boy was my heart pounding.
My hubby was in a bad accident last year where a dog hit his bicycle and he was in the trauma unit. 7 hospitalizations and 5 surgeries later!!! now my dear daughter came home from college with either the regular flu or swine flu, and I am afraid I will catch it for my surgery. Yikes, no my blood pressure was high. so, I can totally relate.
Unread 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM

I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. I just got back from my pre-op testing about a hour ago. I was so sure they would find something and my surgery would be cancelled. My heart was POUNDING the whole time. But, all is good. It wasn't as bad or extensive as I thought it would be. Not to mention I thought I had a bladder infection (turns out it's just from my Prolapse putting pressure on my bladder, etc.). Please let me know how your appoinment went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Relax. If you are having second thoughts and you don't have to have the surgery thats one thing, talk to your doc again, get him/her to talk you through it. If you must have it, then relax, its for the best, talk yourself through it, and definitely come here to HS. I wouldn't be worried. Of course, its natural, talk it out. Anything but a glass of wine, because thats what I wanted, but 7 days or more prior to surgery, only healthy stuff. I didn't have coffee(bad for nerves anyway) alcohol, even some vitamins you shouldn't have. If you dont HAVE to have it then don't my doc told me.

Best wishes for your nerves, and your surgery.
Unread 09-16-2009, 12:55 PM

the surgery is my choice... I don't have cancer (that we know of) that would require it... but for my quality of life I know I need to have this surgery... just normal nerves I guess...

but I just got back from my pre-op and I'm alot calmer now... DR answered all of my questions... still planning on LAVH with uterus and cervix being removed... and keeping the ovaries unless HE gets in there and sees or feels they are diseased in some ways...

and I don't have to do any bowl prep or liquid diet!

won't know what time my surgery's scheduled for until Friday... but other than that all is set...

thanks ladies for understanding and listening
Unread 09-16-2009, 12:58 PM

Best wishes for a great surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register