4 sleeps to go and I feel like I am going mental. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 sleeps to go and I feel like I am going mental. 4 sleeps to go and I feel like I am going mental.

Unread 02-16-2013, 03:14 PM
4 sleeps to go and I feel like I am going mental.

I hope I am not the only cleaning their houses so it wont be like really bad when their all healed. I spent my day doing laundry, light food shopping, cleaning my children's rooms vacuuming...I hate prepping for surgeries mentally and physically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Re: 4 sleeps to go and I feel like I am going mental.

I did all that before mine too and was So glad I did! Only thing I didn't do but wish I had was frozen some meals. Dh can't cook so we ate a Lot of sandwiches Lol
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM

I'm in the same exact spot as you - same surgery date and am spending all my time prepping my home. I feel like I have a million things to do still! I was surprised at how calm I've been but last night I realized it's not because I'm actually calm, but rather because I'm refusing to think about Wed. I'm throwing myself into cleaning and worrying about that as a way to distract myself. If I start to think about the surgery I get really freaked out. Today someone said my surgery was 4 days away and I was shocked! I actually had to count the days myself. LOL GL to you in these next few days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM

Oh I completely understand. I really dont want to think about it. I know I will be in good hands because my surgeon has been my dr for years. I keep reminding myself no more periods! those have been the worst part of my life since I got them. But when my dr went through all the RISKS that he said that might happen...I freaked only because I am always that 1 person in a million to have something happen to me. I am also cleaning my house not only to keep my mind off of it but my critical judgemental mom is going to be over and one thing I dont need to hear is how messy my house is.
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM

Wow! You ladies are lucky! I was in too much pain before my surgery to clean my house! I concentrated on filling my fridge with goodies.

Have you all prepared your bedside with all the things that you may need: meds (gasX, plus meds your sent home with), glass for water, ipad/kindle/book, tissues, and clicker.

You'll be so prepared! Hug
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:11 PM
4 sleeps to go and I feel like I am going mental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kym66 View Post
Wow! You ladies are lucky! I was in too much pain before my surgery to clean my house! I concentrated on filling my fridge with goodies.

Have you all prepared your bedside with all the things that you may need: meds (gasX, plus meds your sent home with), glass for water, ipad/kindle/book, tissues, and clicker.

You'll be so prepared! Hug
I'm working on that tomorrow I got most of my stuff ready...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register