Anyone feel 'dropped' by their gyno. who also had a tummy tuck with TAH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone feel 'dropped' by their gyno. who also had a tummy tuck with TAH? Anyone feel 'dropped' by their gyno. who also had a tummy tuck with TAH?

Unread 05-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Anyone feel 'dropped' by their gyno. who also had a tummy tuck with TAH?

My gyno turned me over to my plastic surgeon after I left the hospital with instructions to see him at 6 wks. I understand that the P.S. did most of the surgery but ...come on....I feel a little abandoned in trying to understand what my body has just gone through. So much emphasis has been put on the tummy tuck that it is completely overshadowing the TAH, even by friends and family. All they want to know about is' how skinny are you 'and 'can't wait to see you in a bathing suit this summer'. I am 55, have had 4 c-sections and gained a huge belly in the last 13 yrs. so when I was told I had to have a TAH, I decided to do the t tuck along with. My intention was not to be in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue people!!!!, but to have a healthy back and abdominals. I don't like not feeling cared for post op by the gyno and will have to tell him, but that won't make up for the lack of care.Sorry to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Re: Anyone feel 'dropped' by their gyno. who also had a tummy tuck with TAH?

You're totally right. You need a GYN followup exam. And plastics Drs do NOT know GYN! Stand your ground on this one.
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:54 PM

I would definitely be upset. You need to heal from this surgery before worrying about what the plastic surgeon is going to do. I would call the GYN and tell him/her how you feel you were "dumped" on the other doctor and that you still have questions and/or issues that are GYN related. Does your GYN have a partner? If so, check with the office manager and see if you can be seen by his/her partner for your followup. Generally followup care is part of your surgery charges anyway since they are considered a "global" charge by the insurance company, so you have in essence paid for followup care already. I agree, definitely stand your ground! Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2010, 05:23 AM

I agree with the others that the gyn doctor is more important then the plastic surgeon part of it. I would definately call my doctor and express my concerns and ask for a follow up appt from him/her as well.
Unread 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM

Hey!
I live in Houston, what about you? I had a TAH and TT on June 1st. I am sorry to here your Gyn is MIA in your recovery. I have seen my PS and my Gyn once already during my recovery and will see them both again in two more weeks. How are you feeling? I am getting impatient wanting to see my final result! My darn lower abdomen is still so tight and swollen from the TAH. Other than that, I feel pretty darn good. Fill me in on your recovery.
Unread 07-02-2010, 12:05 PM

I had TT and TAH on June 8th. I've seen the PS twice and the gyn once. See them both again a week from Monday.
I have had some conflicting instructions in some instances. PS didn't like my hormone patch on my belly where gyn told me to put it etc. He said it would "compromise" the healing and told me to move it to my lower back. I would not have had the TT had I not been getting the TAH. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'm a single mom almost 50.
Unread 07-02-2010, 12:25 PM

I am sorry you are feeling this way. My surgery was 9 days ago and I dont have a follow up till i hit the 6 week mark. Though I can call my docs office anytime with questions or concerns. In fact I have several times.

Are you upset because your appointment is so far away? I was suprised that mine did not want a 2 week check, but I trust him and can call anytime. Have you called with questions and been put off by your doc or his staff? I sure hope not!

I hope you recover well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register