endometriosos pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endometriosos pain endometriosos pain

Unread 11-03-2005, 08:54 AM
endometriosos pain

Hi everyone,

Iam new as of Oct and I do need your support. Iam a nervous wreck and have been for months. After months of tests I have endometriosos and my surgery is sch for Nov 30th. Has anyone felt nausa, alot of back pain and nervous attacks that feel like your arms and legs are weak with endometriosos? My primary DR. thinks its in my head. I just want to hit him in the head!! He is not the one in pain.

Thank for any help
Connie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2005, 04:40 PM
endometriosos pain

I had stage IV endo which had invaded my colon causing rectal bleeding during my periods. I did a lot of my own research and took papers with me to my doc appts when I was first trying to get this all worked out and figure out what was wrong. It was so so frustrating because they didn't believe me. My gyn actually had to see the blood before he didn't think I was just wiping wrong. Good greif, I had been having a period for 28 yrs, and all the sudden I don't know how to wipe?? I understand your frustration. Hang in there. Do internet searches and study it out. My endo had cemented my colon to my uterus and was all over my ureter tubes and bladder. I'm sure it was the cause of most of my tiredness and pains. One website that helped me was http://www.endometriosistreatment.or...reprint15.html Don't give up and trust your body. You know it better than anyone.
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
endometriosos pain

I too have stage IV endometriosis. I spent several years trying to get the doctors to take me seriously as well. Again, they thought it was all in my head as well...especially since I didn't have classic endo symptoms...most of the pain I was suffereing from was in my shoulder (referal pain from having endo on my diaphram). Finally, I found a doctor that would listen to me...which is why I finally had a TAH-ovaries removed 10 days ago. I'm sorry that you are going through all this. Doctors can be so frustrating. ((hugs))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2005, 09:34 PM
endometriosos pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsun
Hi everyone,

Iam new as of Oct and I do need your support. Iam a nervous wreck and have been for months. After months of tests I have endometriosos and my surgery is sch for Nov 30th. Has anyone felt nausa, alot of back pain and nervous attacks that feel like your arms and legs are weak with endometriosos?

Thank for any help
Connie
YES YES YES I have those exact same feelings its horriable and debiltating but yes I have those same symptoms and have endo and I'm having my surgery the day after yours also had some problems with doctors to begin with I also have non stop bleeding and one of my first PC docs told me '"I know it doesn't seem fair but sometimes as women we have to live with these things" yeah right I got a new octor real fast! Because no one should have to just suffer with this condition! I Hope things getter better for you real soon !!!
Unread 11-04-2005, 05:22 AM
endometriosos pain

What you describe sounds exactly like what my symtoms were 5 years ago when I was diagnosed with endo. I had been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst about 2 months before the symptoms started, and then for 3 months they kept saying its not the cyst you are fine. Well, I finally found a doc who said it COULD be hormonal/from the cyst. After surgery she told my mom, no wonder she was nauseaous because of all the adhesions. I think there is a bit of a screwy hormonal factor too, because I had a resumption of some of my symptoms when I started taking bcps to supress the endo. I ended up on an antidepressant to control the symptoms, which I was planning to get off this past spring. But then I had similar, although milder symptoms start cropping up and in June all heck broke loose and I am having a hyst next week...more because of fibroids.

Good luck to you. You are not crazy.
Katy
Unread 11-04-2005, 06:42 AM
endometriosos pain

Have you tried anyother endo treatments? Usually hyst is not the first option with endo. All though all treatments have failed with me maybe they could work for you. It would probably be worth it to you to research some other options before taking such a permanent treatment. I don't know if you know or not but hyst does not necesserily cure endo. Depending on your age and if you want to have children you might want to opt for different treatments first. I know the pain that you are in I have had it myself for about 12 years. I reluctantly decided to go through with my hyst because I had tried several different treatments that did not work for me and after 12 years of trying to have a second child I just gave up and gave in. You might want to look into another dr. if his first choice for treatment is hyst and he is not believing you about your pain. I hope this helps and hope you get to feeling better. (There is as of now no real cure for endo only treatments that don't always work for everyone)
Lynne
Unread 11-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I am glad I am not the only one

I had the same experience with my Dr. I went to him and told him that I had severe burning pain on my right side during my period. He sent me for a ultrasound and said that I had a small cyst on my ovary but it was not big enough to cause me pain. This was last year, and now the "small" cyst measures 5.7 cm. I went to a new Dr. and he did laparascopic surgery and said that I am full of endo, a cyst, and all my female parts are basically fused together with scar tissue. The hardest part of all was when one of my previous Dr.'s nurses told me "well hon, sometimes when you have your menses you do get some cramping" I was so honkerblonked! I told her " well I have been having my period for 17 yrs now, I think I know what they feel like.
Unread 11-04-2005, 07:36 PM
endometriosos pain

I too have been having those symptoms for 6 years now. Told the Dr. 5 years ago. He didn't believe me either. Finally, my family Dr talked to my gyno and did lapro. surgery and I was full of endo., scar tissue an ovarian cysts. Had he done the lapro 5 years ago I may not have to have this done. Your symptoms are real. You know your own body. I wish you the best and you are in my prayers.
Unread 11-04-2005, 09:25 PM
endometriosos pain

gypsylady3200: Did you have stomach pains that seemed like a gallbladder attack, but nothing was turning up "wrong" with your stomach?
Unread 11-05-2005, 03:47 AM
endometriosos pain

May I suggest you change doctors. I went undiagnosed for 6 years because my dr thought it was all in my head. I didn't have the usual endo symptoms. I had very light periods and severe back pain which he said were "cramps" and I must have a low pain threshold. I finally found a "young" dr straight out of med school. He was eager to learn and did all the research for me. I have stage v endo which heads for my Kidneys. I had back pain for a long time and by the time I found a dr willing to listen, my kidneys were already being invaded. Seek a second opinion about the hyst as it is really a final thing. I can't wait for mine, but have been waiting for 15 years. I have had 20 operations (I am 36 years old) and I certainly don't wish that on anyone, but a hyst seems a drastic first treatment. I suggest you seek as much advice as you can and as many opinions as you can and most of all, trust your own instincts and feelings. If it doesn't feel right, then ask more questions!!! You are not nuts. You know your body, you know what pain is - make them listen. Take care of yourself and I wish you all the best

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register