Scheduled LAVH Maybe a silly question about pajamas - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe a silly question about pajamas Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Unread 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

not silly at all. I would have thought the same thing as I got closer to my day. You just crossed off something on my check list.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Not a silly question. I brought some of everything to the hospital. The first few days after my Sub total Abdominal surgery I wore the hospital gown and when I would walk I used another gown and wrapped it around the other way. Then I switched to a night gown. There was no way I was wearing anything with a waist band. I enjoyed the idea of being bottomless! i wasn't spotting so I didn't even wear undies!!! I had a pad between my legs for the first day just in case! You need loose undies as well!
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:43 PM

I am taking in 1 of each as i have been told i will have a catheter in but wen its removed i can have my pyjamas, and its not a silly question xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2012, 05:57 PM

This is actually a great question!

I wore the same clothes to and from the hospital: baggy, stretchy sweatpants and a comfy t-shirt, with slip-on sandals. Sounds fetching, doesn't it? LOL

In the hospital, I just wore a hospital gown. For strolls through the halls, I wore a second gown as a robe.

I treated myself to three cute new nighties and a lightweight, super-soft robe, which have been perfect for recovering at home. I usually wear lounge pants and light t-shirts as pajamas, but the nighties are more comfy for me in this situation.

I also bought a package of granny panties, two sizes larger than my usual underwear/knickers. They are HUGE, and sadly, they fit just fine.
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:26 AM

I"m 5 weeks post op. and I still haven't worn a pair of waist banded pants! I can't wait to wear my jeans again!!! BUT for now, even undies are too much on my belly some day! My husband is loving the "bottomless Me" these days! LOL
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM

I guess it depends on where you are, America seems to be so different to Australia. I work in a hospital and we try to out pts in their own jammies as soon as possible. I have packed nighties and pjs for my hospital stay, nighties for when I have a catheter and pjs when it comes out. My decision now is do I pack day clothes for during the day? I'm thinking I will and see how I go. In my experience my elderly pts tend to stay in pjs all day whereas my younger pts prefer regular street clothes. No idea why!!
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM

No question is to silly about jammies :-P In the hospital just stick with the hospital gown (much easier to get in and out of). I used my own robe when i walked the halls. The only things I needed out of what I brought were tooth brush and paste, comb, lip balm and my pillow pet for my belly and stuffed lion to squeeze :-D I would suggest short nightgowns and big ole granny panties for home. Prayers and Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register