I just didn't think straight when I did it! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just didn't think straight when I did it! I just didn't think straight when I did it!

Unread 11-23-2013, 12:12 AM
I just didn't think straight when I did it!

Hello ladies,

Day ten post-op, I carried heavy water bottles upstairs without thinking. Felt a pain in my vagina. Doc told me I must have pulled along internal stitches.

Bleeding has increased significantly, lower abdomen sore, headaches and uncomfy to stand. Doc said unless I am passing clots, I should just take it easy. It doesn't warrant a trip back to theatre.

So just when I thought I was stronger, I am lying down again and not able to comfortably lift a kettle filled with four cups of water.

I need to go shower and get dressed, but need to lie down and get some rest first.

Anyone else do something so silly? And/or experience an increase in bleeding?

Love Honey111

P.S. Love this site! Been so very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Re: I just didn't think straight when I did it!

No but I have almost done it! I just keep trying to remind my self not to pull on anything
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:56 AM

I did alot of stuff my second week, and my third week I have been in bed almost the entire week. I have a brownish discharge from time to time. Only wear a mini pad, so I guess thats normal.. hang in there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Knee jerk reaction...when my two year old hit his head I picked him up. I do feel more sharp shooting pains in my vagina. 2 week post op appt Monday. Hopefully I didn't do any damage. I only held him for a couple seconds before I remembered. Just happens sometimes. It's hard to remember not to for me.
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:20 AM

Two days after I was released from the hospital - five days after surgery - my workplace sent me a huge, beautiful fruit basket, including a pineapple, a honeydew melon and lots more. So the delivery guy arrives at my doorstep, I sign for the basket. He starts to hand it to me *and I start to take it*! It was only when I felt the weight settling into my hands that I realized that duh, of course it weighs more than 10 lbs!

I sort of shoved the basket back at the delivery guy and jumped backwards. He looked startled, but I explained that I'd just had major surgery and wasn't supposed to lift anything more than 10 lbs. He was agreeable enough about bringing it inside for me. I was going to ask him to put it in the kitchen, but then smartened up and had him park next to my computer instead. My appetite was still finicky at this point, and having fresh fruit right to hand was a good way to tempt it.
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:41 PM

I'm 3 weeks out from laparoscopic total hysterectomy surgery. I decorated our 7 1/2 foot Christmas tree yesterday and used a chair to stand on getting up and down to put the ornament on the tree. I was feeling so good before I did the tree. I started spotting last night and still some today, I have pain on both sides and my back. I feel like I did 2 weeks ago. I'm so mad at myself. I'm just hoping I didn't mess anything up.
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:53 AM

Well I haven't lifted anything but I got out of the hospital on a Wednesday and that Friday I went to my daughter's fall festival and was on my feet for about 5 hours. That night I thought I was going to have to make a trip to the ER I was hurting so bad! I have to keep reminding myself I'm not even the weeks out yet!
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Hello sweet ladies,

Firstly thank you so much for this website and support. Truly appreciate the hand holding on this journey.

Well I saw my gynae today... Shoo, always a relief to see him and chat face to face. What a blessed doctor I have. Someone I am truly comfortable with.

Turns out ALL my worrying was futile. Everything was perfectly fine. I thought the side walls of my vagina was bleeding due to me tearing the stitches. No such thing. I was bleeding when he saw me. I would have said it was fresh blood as it was quite red, but nope... He said it was actually old blood. Interesting.

Also when I had looked in a mirror, thought something else had prolapsed. But, nope. He said that what I was seeing was normal...just my rectum.normal for the vagina to gape a bit after vaginal births. Otherwise the labia cover more. Shoo, relief,relief,relief.

So silly to worry really. It accomplishes nothing at all.

My advice, if anyone is concerned...chat to your doc or better, go and see him/her. Even when I chatted to my GYN on the phone, he said it sounded like I had caused some damage. I worried all weekend and actually everything was fine. I lay down the whole of Saturday basically and missed an expo I had been waiting for for so many months! Aah... But it was the right decision at the time and all the extra rest surely helped.

Day 13 today and after seeing my doc, feel so much lighter and on TOP OF THE WORLD. Felt strong today, and cooked a delicious beef stew served with brown rice, minted peas and a healthy delicious coriander,rocket,lettuce,cucumber and feta salad with a tinge of mint. Yummy.

Love to you ladies.

Love me,

P.S. So excited to enjoy my life without that prolapse! Yippee. God has a good plan for our lives, plans to prosper us and not to harm us... The momentary pain after the op seems so in the past already!

We are strong, beautiful and courageous ladies.

Good night and God bless you all.
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:49 AM

Yesterday I went to a church function for 2 hrs. I could not tolerate those hard metal chairs! I had to alternate between standing, walking and sitting! I also walked down to the mailbox and got the mail. Today I drove to the bank and the Dollar store. For some reason my hips are really sore, so I have to leave earlier than I want to... I also feel like I might be getting a bladder infection. I sure hope not, so I am back home pushing fluids and About to finish a book I've been reading.
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM

HONEY

"""""P.S. So excited to enjoy my life without that prolapse! Yippee. God has a good plan for our lives, plans to prosper us and not to harm us..."""""""

Thank you for saying this! It is truly needed here. It like a message from God when you least expect it! : )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register