5 weeks post hysterectomy: I Need Tons of Support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post hysterectomy: I Need Tons of Support 5 weeks post hysterectomy: I Need Tons of Support

Unread 02-13-2015, 03:10 AM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: I Need Tons of Support

I am just over 5 weeks post op. Here's my story

My Hyterectomy was done via Davinci Robotics Assisted. It was totally, both ovariers got to stay, everything else gone. I also hasa mduretral sling done, so exciting to find out you don't have too wee yourself every day . I was told plan 6 to 8 weeks recovery, lifting and all being the biggest bit. I've recovered from a few surgeries. I am careful as I figure do it right recover once. So I have a dear husband and 4 kids 4, 7, 11 and 14. Prepare all of them, to be mommas helper. We got this.

Its honestly been ver decent smooth recovery. Next week I go for 6 week check up. I have found I get sore and uncomfortable. I think the faut is I don't lift but I bend over all the time to retrieve a sock, or smalk things, so bending probably too much have tried ti stop. Last weekend I tried to run a shopping marathon. Out all day with Dh , I felt it. But I just wanted to accomplish so much ln the 2 ays he was home. And I did, memory foam mattress topper purchased, new sheets, fabric store Joannes for my creative artistic side.and finaly Monday I dragged mysrlf over to a very close stre to get a recliner, sure 5 weeks post op, but been craving the comfoft of a recliner since day 1. Had to wait for tax return.

Right so sore and swelly, Tuesday I planted myself in recliner. wednsday 14 year old needed to go to doctors he is been fighting off gunk and coughs, ear infection 2 weeks ago, DH took him in for tat. But he had a very deep bronchial cough going an d felt quite crappy oddly his belly swollen. WEIRD right? Honestly he looked preggy perhaps my old uterus had been transplanted into him. Okay so Bronchial infection, antibotics and some hmmmm well his belly may be swollen from sinus drippage irritation. Okay we go home and rest.

Now mom has been resting making Dad be Mr mom. I'm a lttle off my momma A game. But I keep looking this boys swelly belly. I trust all of our doctors. The dctor said if it gets wrse bring him back, if it isn't better bring him in Friday and at the least back on Monday. I get worried. Boy gets up Thursday belly no better, not worse? Hmmmmmmm. When DH took him 2 weeks ago he weighed 193, when I took him he weighed 207, usually I wouldnow all of these. But I didn't till DH came home from work. I'm just not feeling right about this, call doctor Thursday, go over it Doctor says take him to ER, for ct scan. Okay not how I wanted to rest Thursday, but a momma as got too do what a momma has ha and well we are lucky 2 minutes from good hospital.
Well know I sit in even better hospital that my son was hekicoptered too. This is not his belly, its his heart. It is quite enlarged pprobably been hiding like this for his whole 14 years.

How do I take care of me? I wont leave sons side. I am minorly crampy, swelly and a wee bit of pain, stress stress stress.

Pretty sure I will be sitting in the hospital at least a week. So please everyone help me give me ideas how to balance this
Thank you all

kimberly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Re: 5 weeks post hysterectomy: I Need Tons of Support

Ask the hospital to provide you with a recliner chair or a chair that converts to a bed. THis way you can stretch out and take of him at the same time. Prayers for your son...I cannot imagine what you are going through.
Unread 02-13-2015, 11:15 AM

Oh my!!! Prayers to you and your son. Hugs!!!! Keep us posted on how he is doing and how you are feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2015, 01:11 PM

Prayers and hugs!!!!!!
Unread 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM

Get a hospital bed and lots of pillows and lie On it next to his. He just needs to be able to see you. The nurses will take care of his other needs. You're a great mom!!!
Unread 02-13-2015, 06:11 PM

I agree with others, just being there is enough for him aand you, tell the nurse what you are going thru, at a children's Hospital they are prepared for mommas! They should have some sort of bed or recliner, and a place you can get DRI nks and food. Rest, keep your feet up, and eat/drink as best you can. You won't help him getting yourself down, so just breathe and be there. Sending cyber hugs!!
Unread 02-14-2015, 08:23 PM

Tender thoughts and prayers sent your way!
Unread 02-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Prayers to you and your family. I've spent a good deal of time in the hospital with my daughter, who has had three spinal fusions. Ask them for one of those conversion sofa beds, and sleep whenever your son sleeps.....you both need rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register