1week post-op ouch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1week post-op ouch 1week post-op ouch

Unread 05-18-2012, 11:18 PM
1week post-op ouch

Wow! One week after a 5 hour Davinci surgery leaving my ovaries but removing uterus, cervix and a lot of endometriosis. My constant sciatic back pain has been releived. Of course it's amazing how painful a BM can still be and my newly potty trained twins are freaking out that the toilet is doing something to mommy.
My hubby took me out tonight for a different view, but couldn't understand when I said I was ready to go home I was ready to go home. The damp cold air does things to your body to make all of it more painful.
I have this phantom baby in my stomach that is kicking me occasionally. What is really going on with my abs at this point? And why would anyone choose to have any stomach surgery, like a tummy tuck, is beyond me.
I also need a reason why my libido is through the roof! Who is this girl and what happened to me? This will be awesome if she is still here when I get clearance, but I have no way of entertaining her now. She really is becoming quite frustrating because she gets louder everyday.
Considering I have my ovaries, why the mood swings? It's a good thing I'm not cooking and using knives.......
I've learned that even though I'm hungry the gas continues to take up a lot of room so to eat many small, tiny meals. Is this the weight loss kick I've been needing for those stubborn 25?
I guess I'll attempt to go back to sleep. It is almost 1:30. I thought they said the pain killers would make me sleep. All I get is a headache, hot flashes, weird dreams and the need to pee.
Night all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Re: 1week post-op ouch

It is normal to tire very easily for the next several weeks.Walk as much as you can , but listen to your body. When your tired or sore, it's time to go rest more. Even when you keep your ovaries they can go into a shock and be out of whack for some time. The surge in sexual thinking is normal as I have read many posts about t her on this website.Comparable to a teenager with raging hormones!! lol Your hormones should level out soon, so be patient. Be prepared for a few unrealistic crying jags also!! Best of luck to you on your road to recovery!
:cathugs:
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:25 PM

LOL, Oh my you described so much of my recovery. I too have the phantom baby that's kicking me. It kicked me once last night, and it was truly bizarre.

The constant arousal is getting better. I think that horribly painful libido spike was mainly being caused by vaginal swelling. My brain seemed to process the swelling as arousal and it was quite frustrating indeed!

The gas pains will let up sometime in the next few days and when they do you will feel like a new woman!

As for the BM problems, a glass of Metamucil each evening and 2 stool stofteners daily have done the trick for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2012, 02:24 PM

Thanks ladies! Today is a rough day. 1 Percocet last night and I didn't sleep well, and today it backs me up which is making laying down the only comfy position. Like THAT would happen with 4 kids 6 & under!
Unread 05-20-2012, 08:24 AM

I have 3 kids, 5 & under, so I hear ya sister.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register