Month equal Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Month equal Pain Month equal Pain

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Month equal Pain

Hi Ladies!!
I just have my operation last month and I still in a lot of pain? should I be in the bed full time or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Month equal Pain

i had surgery the same day as you. i am almost back to normal now. it does help to get up. i couldnt stay in bed all the time my back hurt from being in bed. my pain is almost gone nothing tylenol couldnt get rid of.

jennifer
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Month equal Pain

Please get up and try to move it will help. I found that moving has helped lessen the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Month equal Pain

I wasn't able to spend much time out of bed for the first six weeks. It was very painful and uncomfortable. I did walk around the house a little because it helps the healing process, but no way was I up and about like may sisters here have done. My recovery was just a little slower. The sitting position was really hard. I also was so tired of being in pain before my TAH, that I was very careful not to overdo it afterwards to avoid adhesions that would cause future pain. I'm now seven weeks post-op and I'm moving around....loading the dishwasher, doing laundry. But it really hurts to drive or be a passenger in a car. Every bump in the road jiggles my abdomen even though I'm using a pillow between me and the seatbelt. I still can't lift anything. My innards feel fragile!
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Month equal Pain

(((dragonwifewiza)))
Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm sorry you're still hurting like this. We're all a little different in how we heal. I was slow like (((beller5))). It's still normal for most women to have discomfort if not pain at four weeks, but you should be seeing some improvement. Most women can control their pain by limiting what they do and taking some kind of pain medication.

Sometimes there are circumstances of our surgeries that make recovery much more painful for some. You could be one of those who are healing a little bit slower. I would like to encourage you to get up and try doing a little walking, even if it's just around the house. It can help with gas and keeping your bowels moving, which all can contribute to more pain.

Have you talked to your dr about how you feel? If not, maybe you need to be checked just to make sure there isn't anything going on that needs attention.
It might be helpful for you to read through the Checkpoints to get an idea of what's normal for your stage in recovery. There is a lot of good information that might help you get on track and feel better about what's happening with your body.

It would be helpful if we could see what kind of surgery you had. When you get a chance if you would fill in that in your profile it would help us help you better. If you need help with that, just let me know.
Take care and let us know how you're doing.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register