Vaginal (TVH) Only - Recovery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal (TVH) Only - Recovery Vaginal (TVH) Only - Recovery

Unread 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Re: Vaginal (TVH) Only - Recovery

Hey Wmnhelp and other TVH Sisters,

I had my TVH Aug 4th, kept ovaries and have been very pleased with my recovery. My bladder capacity doubled immediately!

I was very careful not to overdo during my recovery and was told not to lift over 10lbs for a full 8 weeks, so I didn't, not even my 1 year old granddaughter. Now, that was tough!

At this point I'm back to my old routine with the exception of lifting heavy weights in the gym. I haven't yet begun my heavy squats, leg presses etc. Everything else is back, spin class, elliptical, yoga, tennis, weights, keeping granddaughter two days a week.

I'm so glad I had a surgeon who took the time to do my surgery vaginally. My GYN told me that any other doctor in town would have insisted on an abdominal incision because of the size of my uterus and the grapefruit sized fibroid hanging off the outside of it! My surgeon is THE MAN! I think my positive outcome is owed directly to him.

My GYN put me on the Vivelle Dot .1 recently because I was having some issues related to menopause, I guess my ovaries were not pulling their weight! HA

I hope all our TVH Sisters are having a speedy recovery!

quirky1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2009, 10:06 AM

I had my TVH on Nov 9. My gyn was my surgeon, which was nice. She suggested having a spinal before surgery, in that I wouldn't have much post op pain. She was right. I did not need pain meds till I was going home. Sent me home with percocet. Only took it every 6 hours. Was up and around the house the day I got home. Nov 10.

I have Crohn's disease and had a bowel resection in 2007. So there was some worry that if I had an TAH it would cause me trouble with my Crohns. My dr said she had to take my uterus out in pieces because it was so enlarged. Which is why it was prolapsed. Feeling really good. Over due it alot and get real tired.

I am so thankful that I had this done.
Unread 12-13-2009, 01:15 PM

I have to confess. (Mentions kids)

Did the usual get the kids up for church and out the door while hubby lays in bed (give him a little - he had food poisoning a few days ago, we were quite an exciting pair!) Anyway, that involved getting up at 7:30 - took me awhile to get ready for church. Went to their Christmas program (which I was glad to get too). Now have more spotting, a back ache and just feel tired.

I almost needed to do this, though, to remind myself that I am still healing. So back to the chair and the pillow. I am certainly moving slower than I usually do. So.....and I read this on the boards ahead of time, but really needed to experience it myself......I guess we really are supposed to take it easy....anyone else have a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2009, 01:17 PM

And, Sweetie, my sis has Crohns. Hugs to you. That is a tough disease to deal with.
Unread 12-13-2009, 01:34 PM

i had my tvh on dec 9 i was home on friday feeling GREAT a little tired but no promblems hope all is as good as i am <3
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM

I had a TVH on October 14th done by my gynecologist, I am 8 weeks out now. I used a morphine pump in the hospital probably too much because I was afraid of being in pain. I had a hard time getting out of bed at first.. The first week I had some of thast swelly belly that others talk about, but it disapated quickly. I had a hard time completely standing up too, had a hunch when I walked. I was supposed to go back to work 3 weeks post op, but then I developed a post op infection and had to stay another two nights at the hospital.
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM

I had a TVH on October 14th done by my gynecologist, I am 8 weeks out now. I used a morphine pump in the hospital probably too much because I was afraid of being in pain. I had a hard time getting out of bed at first.. The first week I had some of thast swelly belly that others talk about, but it disapated quickly. I had a hard time completely standing up too, had a hunch when I walked. I was supposed to go back to work 3 weeks post op, but then I developed a post op infection and had to stay another two nights at the hospital. A week after that I started hemp
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:32 PM

I had a TVH on October 14th done by my gynecologist, I am 8 weeks out now. I used a morphine pump in the hospital probably too much because I was afraid of being in pain. I had a hard time getting out of bed at first.. The first week I had some of thast swelly belly that others talk about, but it disapated quickly. I had a hard time completely standing up too, had a hunch when I walked. I was supposed to go back to work 3 weeks post op, but then I developed a post op infection and had to stay another two nights at the hospital. A week after that I started hemorrhaging and had to stay another night at the hospital. My I internal stitches were slow to heal so I ended up on bed rest and off work for almost seven weeks. I will say though I didn't take pain meds after the hospital stay and feel pretty good now. I still tie more easily but am hoping by the new year I will be back to normal. Best of luck to all of you with your recoveries!
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh274 View Post
Like you, I haven't seen much on TVH. I had mine done on November 30th and am doing great. No pain or discomfort so I'm afraid I will overdue it. I will have my 2 week check-up Monday and expect to get a good report. The only concern I have to discuss with the doctor is a blood tinged discharge for over a week. I do think this type of hysterectomy is the easiest to recover from, especially because there are no outward incisions.
I had blood tinged discharrge for a little over 3 weeks. I think it is just your bodies way of saying slow down!!
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Hi there, Well am back had a Vag hysto on the 9 Dec last Wednesday.... I got through it so far so good....... no discharge as so fingers crossed.... He wasnt sure if he may of had to make an insicion "nick" to remove the uterus etc...but am insicion free so am over the moon.... Not much pain... I cant stand for long and am in and out of bed .....

Hope this helps...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register