6 months since surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months since surgery 6 months since surgery

Unread 12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
6 months since surgery

Hello everyone,
Well, I have mixed feelings about my surgery. I have no bleeding but then again this surgery ruined my sex life. I get no pleasure; at all. I dread intercourse with my husband. Luckily, we don't have it that much at all; I guess 'cos my husband knows I don't want to. But I feel bad for him. I had adnoymyois. (spelling) It makes you bleed more and so did the depo-proverra the VA prescribed for me. (I was diagnosed from a non-VA doctor.) I bled for at least 4 months all the time & then some more and that didn't help my sex life, either. I also felt horrible. Hysterectomy is the only way to stop the bleeding permanently. Before that, awhile before; I was on Lupron shots, which made me gain weight & increased my migraines. I still have the migraines. I even had acupuncture but it didn't help me. I'm asking my regular doc tomorrow to increase my Zomig, which I'm only on the lowest dose of. I didn't even know there was a higher dose until recently. I have gained weight. I have arthritis in both knees now & it's worse in my right one. I know the weight doesn't help. The pain & stiffness just started a few weeks ago. It's very painful and hard to walk. I have a veinous ablation of my right leg this coming Friday. Later, they'll do the left. The varicose veins, the arthritis, & the migraines are inherited. But I get the migraines the worst of anyone. After, the 1st of the year, I'm thinking of re-joining Weight Watchers. I had laproscopic assisted surgery thru the vagina June 6th. I also quit taking the hormones since someone (a nurse friend of my husband's) that it causes weight gain.
Merry Christmas everyone. Sorry this is not cheerful at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Re: 6 months since surgery

I see you had a BSO, are you on HRT? Have you tried vaginal estrogen cream like Estrace or premarin? I also believe your friend was wrong to advise you to stop the hormones as your symptoms are sound low estrogen to me. It really depends on the method of delivery but I have been on Vivelle dot for a year and I can tell you I have had zero weight gain attributed to estrogen replacement. My guess is your migraines are a direct result of low E.

Please watch this video about the benefits of HRT from a recent study Surgical Menopause & HRT
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM

What is a BSO? I had a lap. assisted thru the vagina. I was on Premarin orally, a medium dose. I've had migraines since I was 20. I can ask the regular doc if they will check my estrogen level. Some vaginal creme would be nice. That is going thru the GYN.
thanks for your reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:52 AM

BSO is bilateral salpingo oopherectomy, in other words you had both ovaries removed. Vaginal estrogen cream is not systemic so it won't affect your levels but will help with dry vaginal tissue and also strengthens the vaginal walls. I would ask your doctor for a sample of the estrogen patches, like Vivelle dot. It is a bio-identical which means it is like your own estrogen created by your body unlike premarin. Some women don't do well on premarin and some don't do well on the bio-identicals. It takes time to figure out what works for you but totally worth the effort to feel better and protect your heart and bones.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register