Doctor Bailout | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor Bailout Doctor Bailout

Unread 07-06-2001, 02:36 PM
Doctor Bailout

I'm having a TAH/BSO including Appendix & a nip & tuck here & there - this is all happening one week from today.(July 13)
Until a hour ago I was mentally & emotionally ready.

Now DR Wonderful - hand picked, reserched & adored - just BAILED out on me. Instead, I have his associate - who has no personality at all and who I have only met once - I wasn't impressed.

I am totally falling apart - and no one understands why!! For the first time - I am bouncing between sheer terror and crying fits. It doesn't help that I am in the middle of my last - and worst ever - (.) If I want to wait - I can reschedule in a month or so. No way - they have already found enough pre-cancerous cells to want to hurry this thing up (Grade 4 dystocia) And the last two months my uterus has been really throwing a fit over the separation anxiety.

So I guess I really don't have any choice but to go ahead. But I feel as if the rug has been pulled out from under my feet.

And if anyone else says it is no big deal - or that they are sure I will be okay - I'LL SCREAM!!!

Help - if any of you have been through this I would appreciate your wonderful wisdom. Thanks sisters - it is great knowing you are all there.

S. Tucker
"Finally Frantic about my Friday Fiasco"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2001, 06:38 PM
Dr. Bailout

I've never had that happen to me but wanted to bump this one up for others to respond.

FYI - I'm in Friendswood, Tx!!!!

Howdy neighbor!
Unread 07-06-2001, 06:54 PM
Doctor Bailout

Oh you poor thing! Did he give you a really good reason that he cant do it? Like maybe HE is having surgery! All I can do is give you a huge ! Just take DEEP breaths and come here as often as you need for help and support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2001, 08:23 PM
Doctor Bailout

Stucker,
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this upheaval at the last minute. Have you communicated how you feel to the new doctor who will be doing your surgery? Perhaps he would agree to have a visit with you in the next day or so ...so that you can ask questions and get more comfortable with him. I would think under the circumstances that he would understand and try to be accomodating...So...what excuse did your doctor give you for this travesty?
Unread 07-07-2001, 05:04 AM
Doctor Bailout

Thanks sisters - I'm not totally falling apart anymore - just mad as #$%^. DR Bailout didn't give any reason for his abandoning me - I will get one - and there better be pain involved. New doctor is meeting with me the day before surgery for my pre-op and is leaving town several hours after my surgery. His associate (another unknown) will take over then. But - I am taking DH to the preop and have insisted he has to stay with me after surgery. I have researched DR fill-in and he is not a monster and I know I am in good hands. When I see the trouble some of our sisters have with their doctors - this inconvience is put in perspective. That does not mean I am not going to through a complete fit when I see DR bailout.
Unread 07-07-2001, 06:50 AM
Doctor Bailout

Deep breaths! Take them! Okay, having had some weird surgery experiences, I know exactly where you are at. My TAH/BSO was June 6 for adeno. This time all went well, but I only talked to my anesth. the night before and saw him for less than 2 minutes before my surgery. I have only known my new doc. since April who did my surgery. Think of this: If the doc who was supposed to do your surgery is partners with this other guy then they must get along and respect each other. Like you said he may have no personality, but he may be the master surgeon. It's hard to put your trust in someone new, but I did, and never even freaked out the morining of surgery. I figured my guys had 60 years total of experience. I told myself lots of other positive things, and it worked. Good luck! Follow your heart and think positively.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register