Husbands...How did they help during pre/post op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husbands...How did they help during pre/post op? Husbands...How did they help during pre/post op?

Unread 12-28-2004, 07:43 AM
Great support

Well let me tell you that I go in for mine next week, and the support I have now and when I come home is unbelievable. We have been remodeling our home for the past six months, my husband has managed to get 4 bedrooms and a bathroom completed, when I decided that I had to have this surgery he was on a mission do get our bedroom and bath done. Three weeks ago my bathroom was stripped to the beams, and my bedroom was destroyed. He has been working night and day to make sure everything is done before I go in so that I have a new room and bathroom to come home to. He has even had a trip to the hospital because he cut his hand, but continues on his mission. He has taken time off of work for the surgery and has arranged to be in and out everyday after he goes back to work. He's a great cook likes everything nice and clean and even does laundry. This has been the one thing I have no worries about. I will be well taken care of.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Husbands...How did they help during pre/post op?

My DH has been to all of my appointments and has even asked questions to the Doc. He is planning on taking the whole week off work next week to stay with me. My back really hurts and just about every night he is rubbing it for me. I cant relate to some of your stories about your DH's, I guess I assumed that most DH's were as great as mine.
Unread 12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Husbands...How did they help during pre/post op?

My DH was scared to death and cried at my bedside before my TAH. I told him the week before what I did not want to talk about...bills, money, etc. Since he has been home with me for 3 weeks, it has been a dream. I just let him do everything. It was a nice change. I love him and usually I try to do everything I can for him. I am not a slave..just very considerate of him and it paid off big time. He was awesome. Now I am ready to get back in the swing of things. I consider myself very lucky. Hope you all have as wonderful of a recovery as I have.

***I did not know he could do all this, clothes, dishes, 3 kids (6year old twins one with Cerebral Palsy) on christmas break, and a 6-month old. Amazing what they can do when they have to.LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register