I have 4 active boys...when will I be up to walking and helping them? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have 4 active boys...when will I be up to walking and helping them? I have 4 active boys...when will I be up to walking and helping them?

Unread 02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I have 4 active boys...when will I be up to walking and helping them?

I live with a roomate who will ride them to school ect, but all my boys are very close to me, how can they help me get better faster? any tips they could do to help out..? They are 11, 10 6 and 5 and look worried about me. My boys are active too..always runnin around, more worried about them not having me help them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Re: I have 4 active boys...when will I be up to walking and helping them?

Dear emazinggrace - the recovery period depends on the type of surgery you are going to have. If you have TAH like myself - it takes longer to recover. The doctor would usually advise against driving for a few weeks to avoid any stress on the incision. You would truly need someone to help you with the boys. After the surgery, all the normal activities such as cleaning the house, preparing meals, laundry would be challenging...at least for a few weeks. Bending, picking up or carrying heavy objects are also not advisable. You would also be feeling tired easily and would need alot of rest. It's good to plan ahead from now for your boys and yourself. Wishing you all the best!
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Re: I have 4 active boys...when will I be up to walking and helping them?

Wow you are in for some fun lol. You haven't mentioned your op date so I am hoping you have some time to organise some home help?

Basically you are not going to be able to do anything and that's going to be hard with 4 boys. Getting someone to help out (other than your roommate) to maybe take them out once a day or cook them all dinner or run around with them is a good idea. For the first week is there any chance of someone looking after them so you can get some much needed rest?

I have custody of my disabled sister and was petrified of not being able to look after her and we are very close etc so was worried about that too. I demanded home help and called on pals and relatives to take her out (as you will need the rest and will get hormonal so you will all need space occassionally), take her out to dinner and just someone they could talk to about me - as I am hell on wheels with all the hormones.

With your boys why not make some recovery games up?

Make up a reward scheme etc based on how much help they give you eg doing dishes or letting you have some nap time.

Make your bedroom your private space - No kids for the first few weeks without someone with them. It gives them some boundries and you some sanity lol.

Buy some earplugs and remember you only get one chance to recover and the sooner you do that the sooner you will be dashing around with them. Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register