Upcoming hysterectomy 5/4: Insomnia, heartburn, achy, just don't feel good | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 5/4: Insomnia, heartburn, achy, just don't feel good Upcoming hysterectomy 5/4: Insomnia, heartburn, achy, just don't feel good

Unread 04-24-2016, 12:49 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 5/4: Insomnia, heartburn, achy, just don't feel good

My surgery date is getting closer, and everyday I feel a little worse. I can't hardly sleep because I can't get comfortable. I constantly have heartburn from pressure pushing up on my stomach I assume. I can hardly eat because I feel full so quickly, then I feel sick, but I am hungry. I just feel like I am going to be a mess on surgery day from lack of sleep, and not having eaten so well. Please tell me I am not alone in all these feelings! So glad I found this board, no where else can I whine at 2am and get sympathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2016, 04:27 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 5/4: Insomnia, heartburn, achy, just don't feel good

I had fibroids, and I had all those stomach issues too, from my 22-week uterus pressing on my stomach. Try switching to smal, frequent meals, focus on nutrient dense foods, and avoid hard to digest foods; that includes legumes, onions and garlic, cruciferous vegetables, cucumbers, melons, pears, and artificial sweeteners. I also had difficulty sleeping, because of my anxiety, and this huge lump in the front, which made it difficult to find a comfortable position. Perhaps a few strategically placed pillows, or a body pillow, can help you to get more comfortable. And remember, the first few days after your surgery, you'll likely have no problems sleeping. Best ishes for your upcoming surgery!
☺☺
Unread 04-24-2016, 04:46 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 5/4: Insomnia, heartburn, achy, just don't feel good

I didn't have problems eating, although you would think I would have with the large pesky fibroids taking up all the space. I did have problems sleeping weeks leading up to surgery because of needing to get up to pee one or two times a night, then being anxious over the surgery.

More frequent but small meals/snacks might help with the hunger and heartburn. If you've already started getting your nest ready and got some extra pillows, start to test them out and see if any will work for you now. I know some have found a body pillow to be comfortable. When I was feeling anxious and couldn't sleep, I just started listening to some meditation and a lot of times before it was done I would be asleep.

Wishing you the best for your upcoming surgery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2016, 05:04 AM

Thank you ladies
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:54 PM

Propping up some to sleep may help with the heartburn. Either in a recliner or maybe put a wedge pillow under your mattress Hope this helps.
Unread 04-24-2016, 07:10 PM

Been spending a lot of nights in the recliner, does seem to help a little bit thank you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register