still pre-op but I think i did too much today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still pre-op but I think i did too much today still pre-op but I think i did too much today

Unread 10-10-2004, 02:54 PM
still pre-op but I think i did too much today

Hi,
My surgery is for Friday Oct.15.
I spent today preparing meals to freeze,for when I'm home from the castle. I also did other things around the house.
So here I am with terrible lower back pain vaginal pain,and felling down right beat-up.
Anyone out there having or had this happen to them.
Another thing once my eyes open in the morning I can't go back to sleep today it was 5:30,my mind starts thinking of things I need to do,enough already.I'm think I'm ready for Friday

Liliy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2004, 03:10 PM

Boy, Liliy, I was there with you before my surgery! Because I live alone and would be taking care of myself for the most part, I cooked, cleaned, nested, and everything else before my surgery. I was so tired, I slept like a baby the night before! My SO called me in the a.m. figuring I'd be up and ready to go...but I was sound asleep...I had slept 9 straight hours!

Get some rest this week! You'll need to be in tip top shape in order to recovery! I know it's hard to keep your mind off the surgery, but it''s almost over!
Unread 10-10-2004, 03:35 PM

I was on the go right up to the surgery. I was ready for rest!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2004, 04:33 PM

Hi...

Funny thing...I have been cooking and cleaning ALL weekend....
JUST SAT DOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY....I, of course chose to check in with my new SISTERS....and here is your message...talking about EXACTLY what I am feeling...
I love this Support group!
We are almost there Hun...Mine is on WEDS.
I think the cleaning is helping me from not driving myself and family nuts with crying and FREAKIN OUT!
I have 2 children in college...they will be coming home for Thanksgiving so I wanted thier room SPOTLESS and FINALLY it is done.
I also have an 11 year old who I just re~arranged his whole room so he feels like a BIG~BOY!
I did the porch and Kitchen is next !!!
My husband has been helping also!
I am hoping everything will be done by tomorrow night cuz my 11 year old has a baseball game on Tuesday....LAST ONE I WILL BE ABLE TO GO TO!!!! : (
Good luck with your surgery!
Hope everything goes well!
LOVE~DEB
Unread 10-10-2004, 04:53 PM

Oh yeah I know what you mean. I felt like poop friday night I had a migrain and an earache. So I went to walmart and got sweet oil for my ear and a PM med so I could go to sleep and get rid of the migraine. Well I woke up yestureday morning and felt like a million bucks better than I had felt in months. So we got up and went to the Indian summer festival walked around there for a while and then we rode around the wildlife refuge here in search of an alligator. We found nothing so we came home and rode 3 wheelers for the rest of the afternoon. Then my hubby and our neighbor went and "barrowed" some peanuts from a field of a guy they know real well and when they got back we built a big fire outside and boiled peanuts and drank a little beer well I drank alot of beer because I knew being 2 weeks pre op it would be my last oppurtunity for a while. We cut up and somemore friends showed up and we had a good ole time like I havent' had in ages. Well this morning to my suprise I woke up not hung over. However a few days ago I stopped what I thought would be my last period but I guess with all the activity I over did it and woke up to a nice little blood stain. And cramping like someone had stabbed a knife in me. I swear it shouldn't be like this I should be able to enjoy my good days without them being followed by one of my worst days. Maybe all this will come to an end soon enough. Hope you get to feeling better.
Unread 10-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Frantically organizing

I have tomorrow, and that is it!!
I still have 9 things on my list of to do! 9!!
My poor DH! My vacumn fritzed out on me, and I kicked it. I don't usually kick things, my Dh kicks things. He took the vacumn apart cleared out a huge gunk of yuck. Aaah, I felt so much better.
I am packing my bag for hospital tomorrow, cleaning out my purse, and bathing my dog. I still want to mow lawn, am steam cleaning the last of my carpets tonite. Scrubbing down the bathrooms, and washing all throw blankets. Mop my kitchen/dining room.
I have the final pre-op of blood and urine tomorrow early. Then home to craze my poor family. Plan on having everything done by 3pm. To take my last bath for a bit, and relax. I plan on candles tomorrow nite, with my liquid smoothie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register