Pain in the ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in the ... Pain in the ...

Unread 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Pain in the ...

Bladder! Ugh ! I am six weeks 4 days post op and absolutely miserable! I am having uncontrollable painful bladder spasms. I have spoken to my doc who has prescribed many meds, none of which are helping. She called in a suppository to try this evening and I am awaiting relief! I have had nothing but complication after complication with this surgery and am beginning to wonder if it was a mistake. I had my bladder released from my abd wall as well as a TAH , left tubes and ovaries, and had my abdominal wall reconstructed due to the bladder herniating through. I ended up in the hospital 6 days due to diff breathing, anemia, and pain. 1 week ended up in ER with Shortness of Breath (doc sent me there to have CT , luckily ct was clear but ended up on steroids and breathing treatments for 3 weeks) 2 weeks po had a uti/kidney infection, 3 weeks having sever pain again white cell count climbed and u/s and ct done to make sure nothing was wrong. Found small seroma on ct but said to just wait and see. by week 5 seroma was huge and I felt like my incision was ripping, started having weekly drainings, first week 200 cc this week 180 cc, and doc said 2 more and then back to the operating room to insert drain tubes... (if it dosn't drastically reduce) Then this week I went back to work tuesday and by thursday was in so much pain I couldn't walk, barely talk... It is my bladder I guess that is in a spasm that won't release. I am on sanctura, ditropan , as well as this new suppository pain/analgesic to help it relax... it is not and it is pain ful. Almost worse than surgery itself. I just want it all to end and want to be normal. Thanks for letting me vent. Hugs to all of you still facing challenges!

Watata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Re: Pain in the ...

I am so sorry for all the problems that you are encountering!! Sounds like they had to do extensive work! I had bladder issues prior to surgery which was mainly due to an enlarged uterus which does not sound as extensive as your issues. It took about 6 wks for my bladder to stop spasming from the surgery, etc. Very painful at points. Some of the meds helped, others didn't. Please hang in there. I am sure that the docs have told you that this may take a while. I hope things start getting better soon!!! I feel better now, and I hope you do soon. Hang in there!!
Unread 10-08-2010, 09:59 PM

I am so sorry you've had so many problems. I hope things improve quickly for you! HUGS!

Nan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Babe , I'm righ there with ya , mine are better with detrol though..I hope you find relief as I sympathize with you...it stinks , my doc said they can last as high as 3 months due to the amount of trauma it recieves during surgery , some more than others..mine was attached to my stomach and uterus both..ugh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register