Painful BMs - any suggestions? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful BMs - any suggestions? Painful BMs - any suggestions?

Unread 12-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Re: Painful BMs - any suggestions?

This sounds strange, but for be, the thing that worked was just to relax. Don't stress about it, keep taking stool softner, drinking water, eating fiber, walking... And above all don't push or strain.
In the beginning I had horrible pain from my digestive tract woes. Worse that the surgery pain!
During the worst of it, I read a post by another sister talking about how she took milk of magnesia and didn't worry about the bathroom until "the poo practically flew out". I took this approach (with the softners and fiber instead of milk of magnesia) and it really worked wonders for me.
I am almost 8 weeks post-op and it has gotten so much better. During the worst of it though, I thought that things would never get better...
Sending hugs and healing thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Re: Painful BMs - any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBad88 View Post
Had surgery on 11/23 and having a bowel movement for me is like labor pains. VERY PAINFUL. I am taking a stool softner twice a day and drinking Mirlax twice a day. I have been drinking so much water it is not even funny. I went and saw the dr last Monday because I had developed a fever and he has had me in his office everyday this week getting IV antibiotics now I am dehydrated and spent last night in patient at the hospital replensihing my fluids.....where is the happy medium!
Wow that sounds just like me, without the fever. I'm thinking of calling my Dr today. This weekend was so awful, just sitting at the computer feels like very bad cramps. After I eat all hell breaks loose with the pain. If nothing else I'm losing weight lol. I'm eating much smaller portions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register