Small Uterus/?menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Small Uterus/?menopause Small Uterus/?menopause

Unread 07-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Small Uterus/?menopause

Hi,

I am new to this site. I have had numerous ultrasounds to determine my inconsistent menstrual cycles. My blood work comes back that I am menopausal. I went in for a DNC and Hysterscope on July 8, 2009. My gynecologist reported that she had an extremely difficult time getting to my uterus. She stated that is my uterus is very small and my cervix is extremely inflamed. She put me on Doxycycline and a uterine tissue sample she was able to get came back negative for cancer. I will be going back in four months unless I continue to have infrequent bleeding. She suggested that I have my uterus removed. I am only 41 years old, never had children. I am not sure what is going on with my body. Thanks for any advice or ideas you may have for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Small Uterus/?menopause

Hi there and to Hyster Sisters. You are in the right place for great support and information that you can actually use. And, of course, lots of s and newfound s

While I've never delt with the issues you are dealing with, I can understand your concerns: I remember when my OB/GYN first mentionned a hysterectomy

One thing I would suggest would be to do some research: look around this site as we have compiled a series of articles and links to valuable resources.

Click here for a link to our Articles

Click here for a link to our resources database

I would also suggest a referral to another doctor for a second and even a third opinion: I remember that when my GP concurred that a hyst was my best option, I knew that I was doing the right thing

I do wish you the best of luck in search for answers. Please know that we'll be with you every step of the way, regardless of your decision
Unread 07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Small Uterus/?menopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by little rocky
my uterus is very small and my cervix is extremely inflamed.

Hi Little Rocky!

Has your doctor checked your cervix? It is not normal for the cervix to be "extremely inflamed". Did she do a colposcopy, biopsy, or ECC?

If you haven't received copies of your pathology reports, I'd strongly encourage you to get copies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
small uterus

I don't know what tests she has done other than the D&C, Hysterscope to obtain a biopsy of my uterus, a CA-125 test. How do I get my pathology reports?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register