Scheduled dVH/RALH It's NOVEMBER!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's NOVEMBER!! It's NOVEMBER!!

Unread 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
It's NOVEMBER!!

Got scheduled in September, and can now say "IM HAVING MY SURGERY THIS MONTH!". Time seemed to go so slowly in the beginning, but I have a feeling these next 3 weeks are gonna fly! Kinda cool knowing pre-op is in x days and 2 weeks. Those who are coming up in December or later -- your time will be here before you know it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Re: It's NOVEMBER!!

My surgery is on November 16th, I am more than scared, not sure how to calm myself down!!
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:02 AM

I have a feeling I'll be getting pretty nervous as the time gets nearer! It's been so far away for so long that it's been hard to worry too much about it. I'll probably be a ball of nerves by mid-month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM

My surgery is exactly in one month! I was fine at first, now I am getting pretty nervous as it is getting closer!
Good luck to everyone!
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM

I was supposed to have my surgery on Oct. 12th but got pneumonia and did not pass my preop, so I am healthy again and hope it stays that way. I have not been back to work since being sick and will not be back until after surgery now. I work at a daycare and being anemic with a low immune system right now is horrible so I am just getting ready and trying to stay healthy. Just so much anxiety I think this hopefully will have been the worst of this whole process I hope, I have been an emotional wreck and insomnia because I am so stressed.
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM

My surgery is scheduled for November 15th and my pre-op is Nov 8th and I am getting so nervous, but on the other hand I am ready to get it over with so I can be pain free and live a normal life....best wishes to everyone!!
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:33 AM

I have my preop tomorrow and my surgery in 26 days. I can't wait to start a new chapter in life and feel good again. Best wishes to all the sisters praying for speedy recoveries for each and everyone of you. ((HUGS))
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:37 AM

AF started today; is it wrong to want to throw her a goodbye party?
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Hello sisters..being anxious and unsure.. I think is normal, afterall it is major surgery and recovery is long.There's so much to plan before and after surgery no wonder we're stressed..probably you'll feel this way after surgery too but know that this is totally ok and be kind to yourself..the issues will be different than what you anticipate prior to surgery than what you will feel after your operationAND we supermoms are forced to ASK for help so we get better..for me asking is stressful too..maybe just me but maybe for others too??! The decision to have a hysterectomy is huge and very personal for us all and it comes with so many what ifs? Like: what if things don't go well in surgery..or after..what if the kids don't get to school on time or miss the bus..what if I lose my job because I need more time to heal and I've only get 2 wks off..what if.. what if... what if.. I encourage November sisters to think of the positives after surgery and to read the pre and post-op support blogs from fellow sisters..it helped me know what other women felt and were going through, the good and the bad and made me feel better just knowing you the sisters understand. I feel anxious even now 2 wks post op that I should do more but allowing myself to receive the gift of the support at home has helped to remind me to slow down and this forum helps remind me what I already know in my heart..that I made the right decision for ME to go ahead with surgery ((Hugs))
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:04 AM

Too funny love ur great attitude!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register