ADENOMYOSIS and bowel problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ADENOMYOSIS and bowel problems ADENOMYOSIS and bowel problems

Unread 08-23-2004, 03:02 AM
ADENOMYOSIS and bowel problems

Hi.I am sorry to be so open on this but I need to know LOL
Does anyone know, if having Adenomyosis can affect you bowel.
Since suffering from Adenomyosis, my bowel movements seem to have gone totally up the creek.
I have tried to find out whether it affects the bowel on the net but had no luck as yet. I was just wondering if because Adeno enlarges the womb can that press on the bowel and cause problems?
I would love some advice please.
Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2004, 04:39 AM

I had that as well. Was NEVER told they were linked but am MUCH more regular than I have eveer been! I also however had an cyst and fibroid. SO MIGHT have been that as well! I just know it is nice to be a bit more normal!

TAH on july 19
Unread 08-23-2004, 04:55 AM

Pat
Thank you for your message.
Why is it no one ever truely tells you the facts about your conditions. It is like getting blood out of a stone.

All this started in March when they thought I had an appendicitis. I was having so much pain, and bowel disruption, they did a laparoscopy, with the intention of taking my appendix out, only to find it was fine LOL.
But I did have cyst on both ovaries and an enlarged womb. After an emergenty scan later they said all was fine duh. One consultant tried telling me I had IBS grrrrrrrrrrrr.
So I asked for another scan which showed the problems, and now we know what they are they are doing this hysterectomy.But they did not tell me Adeno could affect the bowel which I am sure it is, cause everything is haywire, and not much fun.
Pat how are you after your TAH?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM

I have adenomyosis and bowel problems too. My surgery isn't until November and I'm really looking forward to some relief!
Unread 08-23-2004, 10:30 AM

janelarson.
I wish you lots of luck, and who knows I may be able to help you after mine in October lol.
I will be pleased to get back to normal if there is such a thing.
I am a week after my period and already so blown up I am gonna burst, and the pain is kicking in. I could break out the maternity dresses hahaha
Unread 08-23-2004, 10:37 AM

HI
I was never TOLD the two were or were not related but to be honesy I never asked either!
I am in my 5th week. Returning to work next week. I still get some pain and tired easly but on the whole doing great. RE: how the bowel part is. I am much more regular. But than I know simce I am at home I am drinking a lot more water too.
I was told via lap. YEARS ago I had Endrometiosis NOT andrometriosis. I don't know if the one causes the other or not. But was basicly never treated after the lap after that. Which was some 20 years ago. Anyway the Doc said he didn't see any endo! So I think all those years ago the origianal Doc was less than qualified. I guess it shows that we should be very deligent in asking questions and be pushy for answers. So keep learning and asking questions!
Try to keep up and positive. Know we are all here for you including me! Let me know if you me!
Pat
Unread 08-23-2004, 10:44 AM

Pat.

Thank you for your message, I think for anyone going through a hysterectomy they should be told everything there is to know, no matter how small it may seem.
I for one am going to be asking alot of questions so if i find out the answers i will let you know lol
Unread 08-23-2004, 01:46 PM

Hi Jo,
Yes, I think they are related. I was diagnosed with adeno in June and have been experiencing gastric problems for the past couple of years but they seems to have accelerated in the last 6-8 months. I really did not have bleeding or cramping problems as much as I had back and gastric problems.
One day Aunt Flo came and refused to leave for 41 days. I had a hysteroscopy done and the biopsies showed I had adeno throughout the uterus and in the deep tissue. To me that translates that I have had this condition for a while. That would explain a lot. My uterus is also enlarged to 10-12 weeks but sometimes it feels like 6 months.
Anyway, I went to a gastro and he said quite honestly that he did not know if the adeno was contributing to the gastric problems. He said my gastric problems were all over the place and he could not come up with one diagnosis. Okay, I will be blunt. My problems ranged from diarrhea, gasiness to constipation and a fullness of the stomach. The last six weeks I have 'studied' my symptoms and found they get so much worse during my cycle. This last time was so bad that I have called to doctor to schedule my hyster. I am hoping that will help. In reading some of the feedback from so many sisters I think it will. I hope this helps.

Maria
Unread 08-23-2004, 03:26 PM

mittens13.
Many thanks for your message. I am experiencing the same problems, and the consultant tried to tell me it was IBS, and gave me tablets to take which made no difference LOL. Now I know why. So heres to the op in October and I hope also it will sort things out.
May I wish you every luck,
Hugssss
Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register