I couldn't believe this!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I couldn't believe this!!!! I couldn't believe this!!!!

Unread 05-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I couldn't believe this!!!!

I am having an abdominal hysterectomy on Monday, June 4th and for the most part my husband has been very supportive. The past few days I have been stressing out about my house, laundry, etc etc, and how am I going to get it all done before I go, etc etc. Then I worry about 'letting' other people do things 'for' me when I am out of the hospital. I told him I am concerned about that....only to hear him with the response, " well, you'll only be out of commission for a week or so" and then you won't need anyone's help! YIKES!!! So much for understanding me!! Anyways, is anyone out there fretting over getting everything caught up before you go, and also fretting over letting people take over when you're home????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Hey!!! I feel the same way and I am also haveing the TAH on the 4th at 7/730am!!!!!!!!! I am so nurvouse that i feel it in my throught and also been in "SGT" mode for getting home chores out of the way beacuse it doesnt seem to be enough time right??
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky22
Hey!!! I feel the same way and I am also haveing the TAH on the 4th at 7/730am!!!!!!!!! I am so nurvouse that i feel it in my throught and also been in "SGT" mode for getting home chores out of the way beacuse it doesnt seem to be enough time right??
Lucky22, your'e surgery is on the 4th? The date says June 6th, 2006?? Confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM

grrr i thought i changed it!! Last year I was saposed to have iton the 6th but <No insurance names as per site TOS> wanted me to do Lupron first
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky22
grrr i thought i changed it!! Last year I was saposed to have iton the 6th but <No insurance names as per site TOS> wanted me to do Lupron first
hehe, now it says June 7th, but its the 4th? I love it!!!!!! I am NOT the only one losing my uterus AND my mind, haha!
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunieB
hehe, now it says June 7th, but its the 4th? I love it!!!!!! I am NOT the only one losing my uterus AND my mind, haha!
I thought our minds lose us lol
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:31 PM

You might want to show your DH MisterHysterSisters. He may not fully understand the journey you're about to begin and it is a great place for him to get some helpful information.

I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery and don't worry too much about getting everything done, it'll be there when you're up and around again!

s, Deb
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Oh my gosh I was! I had a TAH May 7th and I am one of those people that thinks the world will go round better if all is perfect and in place. I am only three weeks post-op but I have learned that it will get done and YOU are the most important thing to worry about.(easier said than done) But try to remember that so you don't over do it. If your husband is not sure what to expect take him to your pre-op visit with you. I did, my husband went to all of the appts and still does (then I don't have to try to remember everything the dr says as well, and then he truly understands, sometimes he has to remind me to take it easy) have the dr repeat to him what to expect. It stinks that people don't appreciate the nature of this major surgery because they hear about all the time. Remember you are the important one and there are reasons for the rules the dr gives. Good luck! I will keep you in my thoughts June 4th
Unread 05-30-2007, 03:47 PM

I had a LAVH w/ bilateral lymphedectomy on 5/23. As I am 1 week post op I can guarantee that you will not want to do anything. If you haven't done so already, look at the post-op side and take a look at the problems we all have when we over-do it. I was told no lifting, no vacuuming, no mopping...pretty much no housework for 6 weeks post op. As I look around my house now I just laugh. I hav help, but with 3 little ones running around it would be impossible to even try to keep up!!! Good luck and remember to take care of yourself, yesterday I ended up with a kidney infection and had a setback.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register