cervix cauterization | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervix cauterization cervix cauterization

Unread 05-30-2008, 06:33 AM
cervix cauterization

well, It's been a while since I posted on hystersisters, I am 10 months post op and feeling great since surgery. However I have been having mini periods, every 26-28 days and after intercourse only on the week leading up to a period. They are not heavy and don't really bother me, however I had it checked out with my gyn yesterday and she said I have no granulation tissue but there is a red patch on my cervix which will need to be cauterized.

The procedure will be done under a general anaesthetic, which I was not expecting.

Has anyone else had this done? Did it work?

Thanks for listening ladies xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2008, 11:51 AM
SO sorry to he that

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried sister
well, It's been a while since I posted on hystersisters, I am 10 months post op and feeling great since surgery. However I have been having mini periods, every 26-28 days and after intercourse only on the week leading up to a period. They are not heavy and don't really bother me, however I had it checked out with my gyn yesterday and she said I have no granulation tissue but there is a red patch on my cervix which will need to be cauterized.

The procedure will be done under a general anaesthetic, which I was not expecting.

Has anyone else had this done? Did it work?

Thanks for listening ladies xxx
How long will you be in the hospital. I am so to
here that you are going through this. Please keep me posted.

Creshaunda
Unread 05-30-2008, 12:08 PM
cervix cauterization

i'm not really sure exactly what you'll be having done. when a hysterectomy is done and the cervix is cauterized, it is done on the top part. if you kept your cervix, why would you have a problem with the bottom part? that part shouldnt be affected by the surgery. i'm very curious about that, please keep us updated.
i'm very sorry to hear you have to have this done and hope it is a minor procedure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2008, 12:50 PM
cervix cauterization

The gyn said that this "red patch" is normally caused by fluctuations in hormone levels and she thinks this is why I am still having a monthly bleed and some irritation after intercourse at the same time of the month. She also said there could be some cells left behind from the uterus causing the mini periods, however I had a reverse cone biopsy done to ensure this would not happen!

I had some abnormal cells frozen about 5 years ago, but it was done in the doctor office with no anaesthetic.
Is GA normal for cauterization?
Unread 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
cervix cauterization

My doc told me that if any tissue from the uterus is left on the cervix, which can happen, it can cause the bleeding, they would have to go in and cauterize it. I had a few days of bleeding a couple weeks ago, she said if it continues we will have to do this. I am only 5 weeks postop so I haven't hit the next cycle yet, still a couple weeks from that.
Unread 10-10-2008, 06:04 AM
cervix cauterization

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update you all on my surgery.

I had my cauterization in July and my follow up appointment was last week. Apart from a minor infection post op, I have healed fine and have been bleed free for 5 weeks now. My gyn is not convinced that my problems have settled though. He said he had to cauterise deep inside the cervix and is "cautiosly optimistic" the surgery was a success. If this has not worked then my next option is to have the cervix removed. This was supposed to be done as part of my hysterectomy, however the cervix was too densely adhered to my bladder and I had already lost too much blood. I have my fingers crossed that everything has now settled.

Thaks for listening yet again sisters xxx
Unread 10-11-2008, 06:41 AM
cervix cauterization

Hey everyone.

I did have the cauterization done at the end of June, I bled 3 times in 2 weeks after that.

We have discovered since then my thyroid levels were off so that threw my hormones off and apparently was causing the bleeding. Okay we hope, I didn't have a period in August but I did have a 1 day one in September, but at the end of August I had a total thyroidectomy and we are still working on getting my hormones leveled out.

If you continue to have bleeding issues, have your thryoid checked. It really affects your whole hormone system.

Debbie
Unread 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
cervix cauterization

debbie,

you know that thought did cross my mind as I am finding it more difficult than usual to lose weight as well, so I will keep that in mind.

I hope everything settles down for you too,

Take care, Roberta xxx
Unread 10-12-2008, 06:57 AM
cervix cauterization

Thanks, I hope yours is taken care of also.

I am optimistic with mine, my last "period" in Sept was only 1 day, the other had been 2 days, so that's an improvement.

Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register