I am at Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am at Castle I am at Castle

Unread 08-22-2011, 05:02 AM
I am at Castle

I had no sleep last night as I went poopoo all night all. I should have drank that stuff before 3pm yesterday.

I arrived at castle at 6:30am. Signed in and was sent to the surgical floor. I was put in a small room and changed into a lovely hospital gown and had to put on this gorgeous shiny silver hair cap. I'm basically waiting and listening to my stomach roll and growl.

My doc has a surgery before me. She doesn't go back til 7:30, so I will probably have a long wait.

My nurse did tell me she had a hysterectomy and it was the best decision she has made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Re: I am at Castle

Wishing you good luck and a speed recovery.

Unread 08-22-2011, 05:13 AM

Hugs! Best wishes for you today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2011, 05:34 AM

Good Luck to you, just think, it's almost over! HUGS!
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:08 AM

Good luck! One of my nurses told me the same thing.
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:09 AM

Best wishes and a speedy recovery. I had my surgery 6 weeks ago and tomorrow I go back to work. Just remember to take it easy and let the love ones help out.
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:27 AM

After almost having a panic attack due to the IV, I'm all better now. My viens just didn't want to show up. Took two try's. The anesthesiologist came in first. Explained how I'm hard to put to sleep. He had a nurse give me 10mg of Valium. He also noted to give me Mede for nausea. He also ordered for me to have prevacid in my IV, which has been given.

Another nurse took my stats. BP was 116/68, so that was greAt. Pulse was high, 101. I'm thinking that is from nerves. Found out my blood type is A+. Temp was normal.

My surgeon came by. Said surgery would take about 2hours. I mentioned things i have read on this site, like swelly belly. He laughed and said he had never heard of that. He told me to forget about what I have read because I was going to do GREAT.

So I now have cold fluids going thru my viens. Making me cold. Valium still hasn't worked.

All I am to do now is wait.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. Best wishes to everyone else having surgery today.
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:32 AM

The cold feeling from the IV will go away shortly.

Hang in there, you will do great!

We'll be here on the other side when you are done!
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:59 AM

wow , thanks for all the updates as I am waiting to go the castle in 30 minutes.. freaking out...see ya in post-op
Unread 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM

*big hugs*

Waiting to go back is awful. I had to wait 5 1/2 hours so I was about to have a massive panic attack !

prayers going out to ya !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register