Pay attention sisters!!!... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pay attention sisters!!!... Pay attention sisters!!!...

Unread 09-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Pay attention sisters!!!...

To all my fellow sisters.....I'm 6months along from my SAH and still have what I thought was the infamous"swelly belly", except it's not.....it's where the muscle has healed pushing downwards from me doing too much too soon!!!
I rested for a couple of weeks but then started slowly going out and about even if my tummy was sore and achy:-(
Now I've been left with this"bulge effect"that I did'nt have before:-(....Soooo, LISTEN AND LEARN....YOU GET ONE CHANCE TO HEAL, TAKE IT VERY SLOWLY!!! xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Re: Pay attention sisters!!!...

Wow thanks for the info I'm 2 weeks pit feel pretty good so I know how easy or is to do stuff that maybe I shouldn't be doing
Unread 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM

I believe you are spot on Swichypony!
I'm just after 5 weeks, and I have been so cautious, I rarely get a swelly belly.
I know I need to continue on the cautious side for a while, my new life won't include a belly!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2013, 02:49 PM

So many surgeries, so many bulges! Not to mention the ones that are just pure fatness. I'm 8 weeks out tomorrow and still have swelly belly. I know it's swelly belly because it's bigger in the evening. Even after it goes away, I'll still have bulges! I have tried to take things slowly, though. Maybe this isn't the best analogy, but my dad pushed himself to walk too soon after a broken hip and ended up with a limp. Better to be the tortoise than the hare where healing is concerned.

I'm completely happy with my DaVinci procedure. My Dr told me there is more maneuverability and less bleeding using the DaVinci. I had so much scar tissue meshing everything together that DaVinci was the best choice. Yes, all surgery has risks, and it seems to me that multiple factors influence the incidence of complications, no matter what type of surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register